Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how good was Lamptey tonight?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The wall will be sloping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not lined up in front of the South Stand.
The optics then could be somewhat confusing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oddly it's a path the Albion, and others, (not palace obviously) are desperately trying to follow.

And Chelsea are clearly ahead of us, but I think we can assume, in the coming years we'll also let players go, who go onto be top players. Mattias Normann looks like he might go on to have a very good career for example.

This is just a hazard of relying on this strategy, we won't get 100% of the release decisions right. What is important is the u23s can see a clear pathway, (which Lamptey couldn't at Chelsea). Hence GP's appointment. I can see us relying less and less on spending £70m+ every summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gonna call it now, he will play for England. And probably go back to Chelsea one day for £40 mil - I’m that impressed!

Booing this one could well be the pinnacle of our support. :lolol:

Come on people we kid...

... because it's true!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oddly it's a path the Albion, and others, (not palace obviously) are desperately trying to follow.
Very much so. Another policy I don't like so hold my nose as it is to our benefit.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The thing I keep wondering is how many times was he told 'you are too small to make it as a professional'?

I'm guessing more than once. Glad he didn't listen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very much so. Another policy I don't like so hold my nose as it is to our benefit.

No, as BS says, I'm very happy all the time it leads to first team football.
No matter how much we all love CH, bringing on the kids didn't sit together with needing to trust and 'Hughtonize' his first team squad.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's reminiscent of Jadon Sancho (not that he was a Chelsea academy player) but a lot of good players can end up stuck in U23s playing PL2 matches when they could be out getting first team game time. Good to see young players making bold decisions to take their careers the way they want them to go. Presumably Tariq could have picked up the same wages at Chelsea are we are paying so refreshing to see money isn't the only focus.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No, as BS says, I'm very happy all the time it leads to first team football.
No matter how much we all love CH, bringing on the kids didn't sit together with needing to trust and 'Hughtonize' his first team squad.

I'm all for developing a good youth team and bringing them through - I am not so happy we seem to following the Chelsea method of hoovering up loads of youngsters on the off chance and then letting the majority go after loan spells. Deprives lower league clubs of these players by having their formative years as a punt from a big club. The mere fact that Leeds best player is one of our youth team is bizarre. Great for us but all a bit odd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play to Lamptey - been at chelsea most of his life and has courage and convinced of his ability to make the move to Brighton. Looks like a quality player and gives us something a bit different. Impressed with how well he gets his body over the ball to either draw a foul or quickly turn away from danger. Looks very good on the ball too.

Spoke well after the game too I thought

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
0/10 for originality from me: that was an amazing debut - he looks like the real deal; with flair too. Loved it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder if Chelsea have a buy-back option.
As said if Chelsea wanted to keep him the deal to release him would have been loaded down with caveats.

I can imagine though, before singing Mr Bloom gives it the once over, in his head does his thing:-
1476389673-gettyimages-168351286.jpg

Then 45 seconds later instructs Barber-out to:-

Take back 2% on the first bit.
Give them 3%
Then begrudgingly hand over 5 up to 8 on the third section.
But if giving 8 we need 1% back on the 4th and 5th caveat.

and bingo you find out Chelsea own us money!!

Never do a deal with the smartest man in the room.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As said if Chelsea wanted to keep him the deal to release him would have been loaded down with caveats.

I can imagine though, before singing Mr Bloom gives it the once over, in his head does his thing:-
View attachment 125264

Then 45 seconds later instructs Barber-out to:-

Take back 2% on the first bit.
Give them 3%
Then begrudgingly hand over 5 up to 8 on the third section.
But if giving 8 we need 1% back on the 4th and 5th caveat.

and bingo you find out Chelsea own us money!!

Never do a deal with the smartest man in the room.

Fake news. 9 + 4 = 4? At least he got 1+2 right. And I know Lamptey is fast but speed of light squared? Really? I think we might has over valued his energy there even though I am sure his mass is low.

Edit - also seen 1-1 > 4 - 6. So Ryan minus Ryan is better than Duffy minus Stephens? Ryan minus Ryan leaves you with no keeper. How is that better than playing Duffy but not Stephens?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here