Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how good was Lamptey tonight?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I am sure he is rapid, but Vardy is now and old man, speed-wise at football.

When I played my pace was my main attribute along with slide tackles.:D

However, I noticed a big change in pace between the ages of 32 and 33, I started having to adapt my game after that and so will Vardy.

In the meantime, Lamptey won't have to worry about that for some time, let's hope his hamstrings are good for a few years too.

did you see the home game v leicester . Vardy absolutely killed us with his pace , he was fantastic that day

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Baller!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Brilliant performance. The quickest defender I have ever seen playing for us and I love the way he just ghosts past players like they are not there .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
While that was a superb debut, I haven't forgotten Razak played a blinder in his first game for us, single handedly beating Ipswich: he looked like an absolute world-beater. That was short-lived; he was absolutely pony for the rest of his loan and quickly vanished from sight.

If Lamptey plays like that in the next couple of games, we've got a real gem on our hands - it will be good to see him against Daniel James - but I bet Potter's got him well briefed on how to play him.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
While that was a superb debut, I haven't forgotten Razak played a blinder in his first game for us, single handedly beating Ipswich: he looked like an absolute world-beater. That was short-lived; he was absolutely pony for the rest of his loan and quickly vanished from sight.

If Lamptey plays like that in the next couple of games, we've got a real gem on our hands - it will be good to see him against Daniel James - but I bet Potter's got him well briefed on how to play him.

Selection for next week is going to be very interesting. It’s quite possible that Lamptey was picked last night specifically to counter Leicester’s pace. On the other hand he played so well, has so much youthful energy and has a week to recover so he may play against Man U.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
The hyperbole is understandable. What a fantastic debut! Good, measured post-match Interview and well played GP and the coaching staff for holding him back for the right moment. He was clearly there to counter the speed of Leicester’s attacks and as many have said he had Vardy on toast all evening. He was everywhere and deffo has great all round attributes - longish throw included. I’m actually as excited about last night‘S team performance as about the win over Arsenal.
Let’s hope some of the others continue to stumble and Man U are tired by next Tuesday. Well played Albion!

I'm more excited than last night, we played well both halves albeit different styles and amount of possession, against Arsenal we rode our luck, until admitedly a great chnage from potter to bring on the dynamic duo to link up with beast mode Maupay and give us a titillating trio combo for the winner.

Lamptey looks amazing though, that play against Vardy was amazing and you can see how it wound him up as Vardy shoves him in the back, all that seems to do is give him an extra 1/2 a yard! Touch of Sean Wright Phillips about him in his strength, explosive pace and the way he uses his low centre of gravity to great effect. Cannot wait to see him at the Amex.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Delighted to see the well-considered comments and analysis from [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] on this thread tonight ???

Lampty was brilliant today. Best Albion debut since Darren Freeman?

You absolute moron, you really are showing yourself up now mate, you have me on ignore so how is it even possible for you to know wether I’ve commented or not, I can only assume you are drunk again in front of your computer, what a truly sad life you lead.

And for the record unlike you I have friends and talk to other people not on NSC see below.

f67b962b44cdca7ee972cdf17636726e.jpg

I guess you’re still in bed recovering from 3 bottles of red wine you tit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Selection for next week is going to be very interesting. It’s quite possible that Lamptey was picked last night specifically to counter Leicester’s pace. On the other hand he played so well, has so much youthful energy and has a week to recover so he may play against Man U.

I can’t think of another solution to the problem of pace and counter attacks from James, Rashford & Martial. We need him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You really are something special.

1) you have me on ignore, yet you still feel the need to mention me
2) you attack me with your second and third account
3) this is a sensible football thread and you are trying to change that
4) you have me all wrong
5) I did mention Lamptey in the main football thread,

6) I did not watch the game and I listened to it on the radio, so I can only go on Aspinal analysis.

7) grow up.

Has he genuinely got other accounts?

D

Deleted member 2719

did you see the home game v leicester . Vardy absolutely killed us with his pace , he was fantastic that day

No I didnt, who was he up against that day Webster?

I like him but pace is a problem for webby.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Sorry if I missed it from this thread or another. Do we know whether Chelsea have a sell on % in Tariq?

Although, I hope he is with us for a long time to come!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a numbers game. You have 594 young players, that will happen.

Oddly it's a path the Albion, and others, (not palace obviously) are desperately trying to follow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry if I missed it from this thread or another. Do we know whether Chelsea have a sell on % in Tariq?

Although, I hope he is with us for a long time to come!
They do and I'll hazard a guess it's huge.

Not having one doesn't fit with the master plan of hoovering up every talented kid.
They are all just commodities with none, short or medium term value.
Chelsea don't seem too bothered about first team value.

But I believe they did offer Lamptey a new contract which he turned down in favour of the Albion.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the deal is heavily weighted with appearance, caps and Albion success caveats.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I had to check why you had to explain that. Christ on a bike, old mouldy brain doesn't post utter drivel only on political threads. :facepalm:

Hang on, it it because Lamptey is . . . . no, surely not? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here