Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here’s How the Government Burnt Billions on Failed Coronavirus Schemes.

The Tories kings of waste and cronyism...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD6TkWBrEII

oh dear, rights off the entire budget past and present based on past performance of one subsection, ignoring 85% of the budget is on testing. so is the rest of the assessment just as incorrect? sad thing is people believe this misinformation, gets treated as fact. misses the real question is when do we stop testing people?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
having quick look at the audit report on PPE, he's quite right to highlight the overspend there. the question is how do we efficiently stockpile £2.5bn worth of PPE when using £150m each year?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Dominic Cummings appeared before a Commons committee this morning. Gave full and frank views on the readiness and capabilities of the Dept of Health during the early days of the pandemic.
Unsure whether this was directed at Matt Hancock as well as civil servants. He wants to come back and be part of a fuller enquiry, so is something of a smoking gun. Interesting to see if this leads to any awkward questions for Johnson at today's PMQs. Hell hath no fury like a SPAD scorned?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dominic Cummings appeared before a Commons committee this morning. Gave full and frank views on the readiness and capabilities of the Dept of Health during the early days of the pandemic.
Unsure whether this was directed at Matt Hancock as well as civil servants. He wants to come back and be part of a fuller enquiry, so is something of a smoking gun. Interesting to see if this leads to any awkward questions for Johnson at today's PMQs. Hell hath no fury like a SPAD scorned?

He's a real Last Man Standing that Cummings. Playing everyone off against each other in the hopes he'll come out victorious. He's already publicly stated that the Tory party do not care about the NHS and do not care about poor people.
There's only one person Cummings cares about. Let's just hope in his latest guise, he does some good and damages this government.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
EwtdgfpXAAYCjcH.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Speaking as a working class Tory voter, I have never felt like I was being shoed, whether the Government was Red, Blue or Green ( Coalition Colour) [emoji1745]

If you think you are being shoed, just look over there someone is attacking a statue...

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Speaking as a working class Tory voter, I have never felt like I was being shoed, whether the Government was Red, Blue or Green ( Coalition Colour) [emoji1745]

OK great. Is there any part of the Tories you could point to where the country is better or your life has improved?

If you look at GDP we are all poorer since 2010 despite 10 years of austerity, what are the plusses?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
OK great. Is there any part of the Tories you could point to where the country is better or your life has improved?

If you look at GDP we are all poorer since 2010 despite 10 years of austerity, what are the plusses?

My life has been the same since 1969 no better or worse, anything I’ve ever achieved has always been down to me and the effort I put in, during my life I’ve had 11 Prime Ministers, circa 26 years of Tory Government & circa 18 years of Labour.

At no time have I ever looked at the government and blamed them for any sufferings I might have had and I’ve had a few.

To answer your question the Government haven’t improved my life ever, nor do expect them too, I’ve taken responsibility for that and I can assure you I’m much better for it!

[emoji106]

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
My life has been the same since 1969 no better or worse, anything I’ve ever achieved has always been down to me and the effort I put in, during my life I’ve had 11 Prime Ministers, circa 26 years of Tory Government & circa 18 years of Labour.

At no time have I ever looked at the government and blamed them for any sufferings I might have had and I’ve had a few.

To answer your question the Government haven’t improved my life ever, nor do expect them too, I’ve taken responsibility for that and I can assure you I’m much better for it!

[emoji106]

So you'll always vote Tory even though there's no specific reason? I respect your honest answer.

I think the worse times the UK has endured over the last 40 years have been when they have been in power and the best period was when they wasn't - just my opinion:)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think the worse times the UK has endured over the last 40 years have been when they have been in power and the best period was when they wasn't - just my opinion:)

Well you do surprise me [emoji23]

Anyway what was it JFK once said

"ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

My bold assumption for the day is that statement doesn’t sit well with you.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

[emoji106]

Post of the month.
Far to many people look to the government of the day to apportion blame. I have never voted Tory in My life and almost certainly never will, that is my choice and no one else’s. I,along with millions of others I was conned into voting for Bliar in 97, never again. I voted leave in 2016 and Brexit party in 2019 local elections,spoiled my paper in the 2019 GE.
Much like yourself, all my achievements and failures have been mine, I own them, don’t look to blame anyone else and move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Post of the month.
Far to many people look to the government of the day to apportion blame. I have never voted Tory in My life and almost certainly never will, that is my choice and no one else’s. I,along with millions of others I was conned into voting for Bliar in 97, never again. I voted leave in 2016 and Brexit party in 2019 local elections,spoiled my paper in the 2019 GE.
Much like yourself, all my achievements and failures have been mine, I own them, don’t look to blame anyone else and move on.

Well yours, with a bit of help from Bob Crow and Mick Cash (and probably a few others along the way) to be pedantic. From the jobs that you have mentioned that you have done, you would never have negotiated any aspect of them, such as pay, working conditions or contracts.

They've all been unionised or/and public sector haven't they ???

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

[emoji106]

Post of the month.

Which only leaves me to wonder, if the government of the day make no difference to your lives, why you are all over these threads like a rash? Is it your position that you know better than the rest of us?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which only leaves me to wonder, if the government of the day make no difference to your lives, why you are all over these threads like a rash? Is it your position that you know better than the rest of us?
Strange indeed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here