Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just go and enjoy the football and stop moaning

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Eh? Who doesn't want the Albion to succeed? That's quite a jump you've made there: people are not happy about certain events that have happened and/or the way they've been handled, so therefore they don't want the Albion to succeed. Er, no.

In another thread 75% of people want affordable prices more than pushing to go up this year, going up would be succeeding would it not?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Eh? Who doesn't want the Albion to succeed? That's quite a jump you've made there: people are not happy about certain events that have happened and/or the way they've been handled, so therefore they don't want the Albion to succeed. Er, no.

was thinking the same..its a puzzling statement

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In another thread 75% of people want affordable prices more than pushing to go up this year, going up would be succeeding would it not?

maybe its because they would like themselves and others to be able to watch the team....that goes up...can't both be achieved?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went there for over 20 years and yes there were some great times but the place was still a shit hole.

Quite. We are on the brink of amazing times. That means maximising the set-up, including staff . . . and income. And comfortable seats, and all that jazz. I'm excited. Who could not be excited about our club?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
If i can't afford to go to a gig, night out, London, rent a movie, buy a new suit etc... i dont. This is no different.

Exactly!! Maybe some people would prefer that TB just keeps on subsidising everything for them? Build a stadium, build a training centre, subsidise transport etc.. And never try to actually have any ambition at all?!

That is what the alternative is, isn't it? To just be another football club that can say it has loyal supporters but lacks any kind of long term aim to improve or better itself.

Think back to your first job, how much did you get paid? It may have sounded a lot of money but then you get another job or a promotion, now you are getting more money. Did you improve yourself, your lifestyle? Or did you just stay earning the same?

Did you buy a bigger house? A better car? Did you have children? This is you improving your life...why would anyone want their football club to remain 'small fry'? The club is going places, we used to have Codnor and Wilkins, now Orlandi and Bridcutt. We used to have Bremner, now Ulloa.

The club lets us pay by monthly DD to assist us and keep cash flow going so surely it is not that hard to budget for that? Maybe times are tough but if you cannot afford it then that is too bad!!

I want a Bentley but I can't afford it but I don't blame Bentley because they made a beautiful car expensive so why blame Barber and TB for making us a great club??!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We're on the verge IMO of one of the best seasons this clubs ever had under the guidance of OSCAR GARCIA THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR so stop fecking bitching whining moaning and crying and roll up to the Amex next season and just enjoy it :albion2:
Or would you prefer if you were back here View attachment 44908

If i bought a new 5 bedroom house from being in a studio flat I'd be expected to pay higher bills and council taxes, so some one has to pay for the Amex unless we Sell a prize Asset(Bridcutt) to balance the books which we haven't done because we're on the verge of the prem
So stop moaning about a proxy £3:25 and enjoy your life get out in the sunshine and embrace the fact that its only 15 days till Leeds united

Spot and, indeed, on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What if increased costs mean you cannot afford to just go and enjoy the football? What about THOSE people?

Cycle? Walk? Cadge a lift? Don't go to away games. Stop paying Sky? Give up smoking? Etc. But DO NOT HARM THE CLUB's INCOME.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok I will bite...

I wonder whether you were one of the ones who were happy just to let Archer, Stanley and Bellotti grind our club down to the ground which then led to playing at the above ground...if people didn't "moan" in 1995, 1996 and 1997, you would NOT be enjoying watching a team led out by a former Spanish International...instead, we would be watching football at Whitehawk...

I would LOVE to be concentrating on the playing side of the ground, however, when you've been told that supporting the Albion would see a 85% increase in cost in just less than two years, you will excuse some of us who will want to "moan" because we don't have a bottomless pit of cash.

Perhaps, if money isn't a problem to you, as it clearly isn't; you would like to set up a fund and contribute to it to help those who will find it financially difficult to attend matches? No? I guessed not!

So if some of us want to "moan" then you should respect that, rather than blindly follow the club like a lapdog and agree to everything they want to introduce, no matter how unpopular or mercenary it is!

Please do NOT compare the current regime with Archer et al. Just plain ignorant.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A baffling thread that will have the pound signs dazzling in Paul Barber's eyes - all the time some people are this unquestioningly gormless, there's a load more pips to be squeezed.

What baffles me is why you continue to 'support' the Albion?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Exactly!! Maybe some people would prefer that TB just keeps on subsidising everything for them? Build a stadium, build a training centre, subsidise transport etc.. And never try to actually have any ambition at all?!

That is what the alternative is, isn't it? To just be another football club that can say it has loyal supporters but lacks any kind of long term aim to improve or better itself.

Think back to your first job, how much did you get paid? It may have sounded a lot of money but then you get another job or a promotion, now you are getting more money. Did you improve yourself, your lifestyle? Or did you just stay earning the same?

Did you buy a bigger house? A better car? Did you have children? This is you improving your life...why would anyone want their football club to remain 'small fry'? The club is going places, we used to have Codnor and Wilkins, now Orlandi and Bridcutt. We used to have Bremner, now Ulloa.

The club lets us pay by monthly DD to assist us and keep cash flow going so surely it is not that hard to budget for that? Maybe times are tough but if you cannot afford it then that is too bad!!

I want a Bentley but I can't afford it but I don't blame Bentley because they made a beautiful car expensive so why blame Barber and TB for making us a great club??!!

What a lovely person you are. I can only assume you have no problem in affording to go to The Amex and have no sympathy whatsoever for people that are unemployed or people that have other more pressing financial commitments. I hope for your sake you never come unstuck financially. A good friend of mine is almost suicidal at the moment with money problems. Keep healthy mate.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe you didn't go to The Goldstone, but to some of us it was home and a place of great memories.

It was for me. It's history. Move on. The club has, and so have I.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
maybe its because they would like themselves and others to be able to watch the team....that goes up...can't both be achieved?

PL = higher prices. That is the reality.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We're on the verge IMO of one of the best seasons this clubs ever had under the guidance of OSCAR GARCIA THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR so stop fecking bitching whining moaning and crying and roll up to the Amex next season and just enjoy it :albion2:
Or would you prefer if you were back here View attachment 44908

If i bought a new 5 bedroom house from being in a studio flat I'd be expected to pay higher bills and council taxes, so some one has to pay for the Amex unless we Sell a prize Asset(Bridcutt) to balance the books which we haven't done because we're on the verge of the prem
So stop moaning about a proxy £3:25 and enjoy your life get out in the sunshine and embrace the fact that its only 15 days till Leeds united

Nail smashed on the head.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

THe Bentley analogy is so right.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What a lovely person you are. I can only assume you have no problem in affording to go to The Amex and have no sympathy whatsoever for people that are unemployed or people that have other more pressing financial commitments. I hope for your sake you never come unstuck financially. A good friend of mine is almost suicidal at the moment with money problems. Keep healthy mate.

Seriously, I'm not exactly rolling in money, but what money I have I spend the way I want to spend it. And I don't envy those who have more than me and chose to spend it on things I can't dream of affording. Isn't this the point that was being made by the person you chose to insult?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here