Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just go and enjoy the football and stop moaning

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
NSC needs more pictures of pets in Albion gear. Unfortunately, my goldfish won't stay still for long enough.

There are no problems, only solutions.....
il_fullxfull.432280826_g5cs.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sush Walt, just sush. This is a happy-clappy thread for all the lickers. Woo hoo! Up the Albion! Fleece me Barber! All you moaners can just ruddy well shut up!

Precisely. Until they get made redundant. Then they'll climb aboard the 'it's too expensive, it's my club for life, it's totally different to a night out in London' bus...

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Agree with the premise of the thread.Wish we'd never moved from here. Still seeth when I'm going past the retail park that took it's place.
_39894958_goldstone_203.jpg
:annoyed:Archer you :tosser:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
another feel good story to go with the spirit of this thread
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/jfc-raring-to-go-930170.aspx

JFC said:
"“It’s my first pre-season tour with Brighton because during the other pre-seasons I’ve been busy with international squads. It’s nice to finally do a whole pre-season and I feel fitter than ever.

“We had our first game on Wednesday and it was a good game for the second performance of our pre-season fixtures.

“Everybody wants to start and we want to get as many minutes as we can, so to be named in the starting XI made me very happy.

“I felt like I struck up a good partnership with Andrea Orlandi, playing in front of Crofty. I like playing with Andrea, I like the way he plays and we bounce off each other well. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to play alongside him during the season to come.

“I’ve been about the first team but I don’t really feel like I’ve started at Brighton, so it’s nice to get a full pre-season in because I’ve never had that before. I’ve never felt as fit as I do now and I’m really looking forward to the season ahead, because I want to push on and do as well as I can.”

“At Oxford I was starting almost every game and I’ve never done that before, so it was good. I realised what it’s like to play every week. It’s not easy but I’m pleased that I’ve done it because if I break into the Brighton side I know what it takes.

“Last season was split into two halves for me. I went on loan and started the majority of games but when I came back I couldn’t force my way into the side. Now I just look to the future and I’m aiming to start as many games as I can during the coming season.

“We’re all adapting to the new gaffer and training has been very good. It’s really energetic and fast, so hopefully that puts us in good stead ahead of the new season.”

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What if increased costs mean you cannot afford to just go and enjoy the football? What about THOSE people?

Why are you seemingly on a mission to stir up as much shit as possible over transport costs? I am sure that if you pay for alternate ways of getting to games then the club refund you the travel levy. That means £25 per person for CONVENIENCE. Have you checked this possibility?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gulity as charged
I think I was just asking if the price of the uni parking was still £260 and had not gone down because of the travel levy

Indirectly it does go down by way of not paying the transport levy portion of your season ticket. You still pay full price for parking.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If you live in Brighton and Hove it's still pretty easy to get to the football in the grand scheme of things.

If you live further afield then it is a little more challenging, it always has been until two seasons ago. This is Brighton and Hove albion, not 'Sussex Albion'. I have plenty of mates who live in Brighton and support London teams. It's a pain in the arse and costly because they dont live within walking distance of the ground, but they still go.

I live within the city of Brighton and Hove and if I don't stump up the extra £75 I'm going to have a journey of at least twice as long with uncertainty of how long it will take to get home. I love less than four miles from The Amex.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why are you seemingly on a mission to stir up as much shit as possible over transport costs? I am sure that if you pay for alternate ways of getting to games then the club refund you the travel levy. That means £25 per person for CONVENIENCE. Have you checked this possibility?

No they don't.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I live within the city of Brighton and Hove and if I don't stump up the extra £75 I'm going to have a journey of at least twice as long with uncertainty of how long it will take to get home. I love less than four miles from The Amex.

Is there anything that you actually do enjoy about the whole match day experience at the Amex image.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A baffling thread that will have the pound signs dazzling in Paul Barber's eyes - all the time some people are this unquestioningly gormless, there's a load more pips to be squeezed.

Ok I will bite...

I wonder whether you were one of the ones who were happy just to let Archer, Stanley and Bellotti grind our club down to the ground which then led to playing at the above ground...if people didn't "moan" in 1995, 1996 and 1997, you would NOT be enjoying watching a team led out by a former Spanish International...instead, we would be watching football at Whitehawk...

I would LOVE to be concentrating on the playing side of the ground, however, when you've been told that supporting the Albion would see a 85% increase in cost in just less than two years, you will excuse some of us who will want to "moan" because we don't have a bottomless pit of cash.

Perhaps, if money isn't a problem to you, as it clearly isn't; you would like to set up a fund and contribute to it to help those who will find it financially difficult to attend matches? No? I guessed not!

So if some of us want to "moan" then you should respect that, rather than blindly follow the club like a lapdog and agree to everything they want to introduce, no matter how unpopular or mercenary it is!

Thats what i was saying two years ago???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Amen to the OP, I can't believe so many people don't want the Albion to succeed this coming season
Eh? Who doesn't want the Albion to succeed? That's quite a jump you've made there: people are not happy about certain events that have happened and/or the way they've been handled, so therefore they don't want the Albion to succeed. Er, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here