Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just go and enjoy the football and stop moaning

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
What a lovely person you are. I can only assume you have no problem in affording to go to The Amex and have no sympathy whatsoever for people that are unemployed or people that have other more pressing financial commitments. I hope for your sake you never come unstuck financially. A good friend of mine is almost suicidal at the moment with money problems. Keep healthy mate.

Can't hold the club back because some people are unfortunate enough to lose their jobs or come into money troubles....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As has been pointed out before that isn't what the debate's about. The inference is that we should just shut up, watch the football and never complain as everything that's being done is being done for the good of the club. And I accept that some aren't as pissed off at the changing of the club's charter, the addition of booking fees on absolutely everything and the clubs apparent breach of contract with regard to additional travel costs as the rest of us are. Fair enough. Personally I never understood all the fuss that kicked up when Gully's Girls were binned, which was a long-overdue move in my opinion, so we're all different.

But just blindly accepting everything won't make us 'big'. All the money generated by all the extra additional fees will be wiped out and then some by one shit signing. And I guess we won't be able to complain about that either!

Where have the club breached any contract? As I understand it, you don't have to pay the extra money as you can still use the normal services. This may mean some increase in travelling times but that can hardly be classified as a breach of contract. Also, as Barber has said, B & H buses jumped the gun with their announcement before the club had finalised all the plans for the alternative. Maybe B& H buses were miffed that they lost the contract, maybe because the club wouldn't pay them what they wanted or maybe it wasn't profitable for them (unlikely I would think). However, had the club announced the changes together with the timetable for normal services before B & H buses made their announcement would as many have worked themselves into a feeding frenzy.

The problem is that there are too many keyboard warriors who hide behind their anonymity to mouth of rather than detail their complaint/criticism direct to the club. But that's the unfortunate nature of an internet forum.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
''i'm all right jack'' is a phrase that comes to mind

Or maybe 'I'm not 100% happy with everything the club does Jack, but I've some sort of understanding of financial reality, so I'll talk to the club or move on' <- Snappy!

Right love, I'm off to the game

herd.jpg

Sheep-Shearing-weekend-24.4.10-002.jpg

Hi honey, I'm home.

Sheep+Shearing+055.JPG

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No I haven't! Look at the numpties threatening protests against Barber / the club. Why, just why? And don't accuse me of saying what I haven't said either.
I wasn't. I was trying to precis your argument. And it's patently clear that you haven't really understood what I've been trying to say.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Where have the club breached any contract? As I understand it, you don't have to pay the extra money as you can still use the normal services. This may mean some increase in travelling times but that can hardly be classified as a breach of contract. Also, as Barber has said, B & H buses jumped the gun with their announcement before the club had finalised all the plans for the alternative. Maybe B& H buses were miffed that they lost the contract, maybe because the club wouldn't pay them what they wanted or maybe it wasn't profitable for them (unlikely I would think). However, had the club announced the changes together with the timetable for normal services before B & H buses made their announcement would as many have worked themselves into a feeding frenzy.

The problem is that there are too many keyboard warriors who hide behind their anonymity to mouth of rather than detail their complaint/criticism direct to the club. But that's the unfortunate nature of an internet forum.

I did say 'apparent'. I'm not a STH so I don't know under what terms the tickets were sold and nor do I know the legal 'strength' of the club's charter and whether the ex post facto altering is some terrible offence under the law of contract or just an legally-irrelevant bit of tinkering with a legally-worthless document. I'm sure someone could make a case either way, but if it went to court I do know that it would just end in profit for m'learned friends.

But surely you can see that some people are upset that they're going to have to pay out more than they anticipated? And I think it's good that they come on here and let off steam.

(PS - Wait until the food price increases are announced!)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's called capitalism and we live in a democracy so prices that the market will bear are allowed as is people's right to complain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here