Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just getting fed up with our inability to win a big game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A post out of frustration - from a usually level headed poster. If we won them all that we deserved to this season we’d be 10 points clear at the top. Keep the faith pls!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for not taking the bait. Clearly proper Brighton.

Was just checking you wasn’t one of those people trying to say that fans of Premier League clubs who pile money, mileage, dedication, and revolve their lives around their clubs fixtures can’t be annoyed about goings on at their club without being labelled entitled because “it could be worse and all that”.

Enjoy Europe next season, champ. It’s a bloody blast.
If it happens and I go Moldova I expect to meet up with you for a beer 👍🤞

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If it happens and I go Moldova I expect to meet up with you for a beer 👍🤞
One of the very few European Away games I missed between 2006-2015 was actually Sheriff Tiraspol in Moldova. Excuse the completely wrong wording but they’re basically a ‘country within a country’ and it was a ball-ache on the paperwork front from memory.

For my mates, and the Brighton fans I know and respect very much, I would love it if you go on and get Europe. My advice is - do every single game you can afford too. Best memories ever.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It was a fab game to watch (imho), and one that could have gone either way. For us to come back three times from behind, made it even better, for me.
Yes, we 'were' the better side, overall, but I'm satisfied with a point against a team that (like us) are putting the shits up 'bigger' clubs.
I'd love us both to be top 6.
That said, I'd rather it us, if if came down to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was like watching Brighton play Brighton at times today.
Nah.

It was like watching Brighton v what-Brighton-do-looks-good-let’s-see-if-we-can-do-the-same.

The stats tell the story about which of the two teams actually played like Brighton today.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Never. We’re very happy at the moment. All rosy. Currently looking like a 17th European campaign in 18 seasons.

2 of my mates who are Spurs fans nabbed tickets for todays game because Brighton cannot sell out a bloody huge game in terms of European qualification enjoyed it though.
Ticket exchange surely - sold out ages ago

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.
Is this post all to do with April Fools Day…….. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Holoflux

Dec 27, 2021
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.
You ok?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just have a look at the league table, we are doing okay this season.

Don't stress. We've got through worse.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I just want a good win. I want Brentford or Fulham to come here in a European six-pointer and to beat them, but we don't. Under Hughton I wanted to face up to Cardiff or Bournemouth in a relegation six-pointer and beat them, but we didn't. I want top of the table Arsenal, Liverpool or City to come here and get beat, that ain't easy, but it ain't happened.
Didn’t we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home this very season, or did I dream it all?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently that doesn’t count, because they were rubbish at the time.
He also wants a win in a European six pointer - which it could have been against Liverpool and Chelsea. Both were just as much in the fight for Europe as Brentford

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I was just looking at the table and the rest of the weekend's fixtures, and found myself thinking "I hope Everton beat Spurs tomorrow, because on form, Spurs look most likely to drop out of the current top six. That could really help us".

And then I remembered a time when I was looking at ours and Hereford's fixtures in the papers to try and work out if we were gonna be able to stay in the league.

Disappointing that we didn't win yesterday, but really, we're winning every day.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As a Brighton fan of too many years, I expected to lose that game as it played out. I am very grateful we got a point :shrug:
Yep. Before and during the game I fully expected to lose to Brentford. For about 20 years, that is my expectation when playing them. My mind has been totally conditioned by the 4.1 beating we took from them around then when we were absolutely dreadful. The double win last year just doesn’t seem to register!

I was delighted with a point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here