Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just getting fed up with our inability to win a big game

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Yet another important game we fail to win. Really struggling to think of a single Premier League victory that can be classed as a 'good win'. Sure, we can beat a load of midtable cloggers, we can beat relegation fodder, we can beat big 6 teams when they're off form and having a mini crisis. But put us up against a team we're fighting for league position with, we don't win. Put us up against a team that's won 5 in a row, or a big 6 team playing well, we don't win. Maybe if the stadium is empty during covid we can win at Anfield, or if City get a man sent off we can beat them. But challenge Fulham or Brentford for a European spot, 1 point out of 12. Sure they score with basically each chance they have, and we take a thousand chances to score less, but we don't win. Somebody show me a 'good win we've had, please? Because I'm getting very fed up about it.
Chelsea???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Liverpool?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Wow... I'm disappointed we didn't win today, but..... wow

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’re a sixth placed team, which I’m happy with. And this is what happens to sixth placed teams ie we lose and draw a few games from time to time.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
complete overreaction imo, we’ve had plenty of great wins. obviously it is frustrating to be reflecting on a game so similar to many, many others (though actually less so today because we didn’t lose), but saying we don’t get ‘good wins’ is ridiculous. I do understand where you are coming from though, the reason it is exasperating, for me at least, is because we generally play pretty well in these games, or at least create lots of chances. that’s the part i struggle with.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So you are saying that we only win because the opposition is bad. Nothing to do with how good we are. Isn’t that the Sky tv mantra ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Chelsea and Liverpool as two for starters and are the main reason we are ahead of both. What a weird post.
No, think it through. All previous games like this one, two teams in good form, battling for league position, we don't win them. Over and over again. Beating Chelsea and Liverpool this season wasn't hard, they're struggling relative to what they usually do But a form team like Brentford or Fulham that we're in direct competition with? Can't do it.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Fall squarely under the big team having a mini crisis category - or even just that we raised our game for obvious and exceptional reasons. Admittedly they weren't in bad form before playing us, but hindsight shows they were definitely shite.
It is just a bit bizarre that in the season we have already won 12 games, beaten Man U, Chelsea (first time ever in PL) and Liverpool, you are complaining that we only beat teams out of form. Man U had a 100% record before we played them. We hadn't won in 5 or 6 before we played Chelsea. Get your half empty glass and pour some more beer in it. We are doing brilliantly well.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So you are saying that we only win because the opposition is bad. Nothing to do with how good we are. Isn’t that the Sky tv mantra ?
Yes. We don't have good wins. Fulham did when they beat us. Everton did when they beat Arsenal. Bournemouth did today when they beat Fulham. I can't think of a really 'good win' we've had in five seasons, and no one has pointed one out yet

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We are Brighton, not City, Utd or Liverpool. We are going to have bad days at the office, but does it not show the fight we have within the team to come back 3 times to get the point, which may well be very important come the end of the season.

Equally points drop in other games may prove costly. It's football.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, think it through. All previous games like this one, two teams in good form, battling for league position, we don't win them. Over and over again. Beating Chelsea and Liverpool this season wasn't hard, they're struggling relative to what they usually do But a form team like Brentford or Fulham that we're in direct competition with? Can't do it.
You’ve answered it yourself. Fulham and Brentford are better than Chelsea and Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here