Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Do It

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Like Southend and Fleetwood, you mean?

arent their agreements with distributors and not directly with nike?

i get what you mean but then you could say the same about adidas and swindon/bristol city and puma and plymouth/fleetwood (they arent with nike anymore)

lower league teams will wear crappy teamwear of big brands, we just have to hope either we get one of the plainer, nicer templates (with no weird panelling or annual design changes (like the nike chevron, or the adidas horizontal sleeves), or something bespoke

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
arent their agreements with distributors and not directly with nike?

i get what you mean but then you could say the same about adidas and swindon/bristol city and puma and plymouth/fleetwood (they arent with nike anymore)

lower league teams will wear crappy teamwear of big brands, we just have to hope either we get one of the plainer, nicer templates (with no weird panelling or annual design changes (like the nike chevron, or the adidas horizontal sleeves), or something bespoke

I'm pretty certain we won't get anything bespoke. All the teams with Adidas & Nike who aren't the marquee names (Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea etc) have the off the peg team wear style kits. Look at Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Swansea & Forest: their home and away shirts are just standard templates that they picked out of the catalogue.

If Fulham, Stoke, Saints & Forest don't get a bespoke kit, then we sure as hell won't.

I think Barnsley have a Nike teamwear kit currently. Basically the previous season's Everton shirt, in red. That's where we'll end up, depressingly. Probably the same design as some no-hoper will be wearing at the World Cup. Australia, perhaps.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Important for the club's marketing machine.

As someone who won Marketing Weeks annual prize for the best product launch in 1998 I find this response is inadequate, you need explain in much fuller detail your reasoning rather than simply sidestepping the actual question

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Nike is a huge American brand. They are planning a big expansion into the UK retail scene. They have also done a big deal with Amex on rewards. They must be very interested in Amex's multi-year shirt and stadium relationship with BHA. I wouldn't be so sure that we don't get something bespoke.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pretty certain we won't get anything bespoke. All the teams with Adidas & Nike who aren't the marquee names (Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea etc) have the off the peg team wear style kits. Look at Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Swansea & Forest: their home and away shirts are just standard templates that they picked out of the catalogue.

If Fulham, Stoke, Saints & Forest don't get a bespoke kit, then we sure as hell won't.

I think Barnsley have a Nike teamwear kit currently. Basically the previous season's Everton shirt, in red. That's where we'll end up, depressingly. Probably the same design as some no-hoper will be wearing at the World Cup. Australia, perhaps.
I wonder what our sales and spending per head comes out at, verses say Stoke?
That might impact on what Nike are prepared to offer us.

Remember all the stuff people leave under their seat still count as sold!!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Yep, absolutely like that. :thumbsup:

I think it would be STUNNING.

Until it's stocked in the club shop and we see 40 something's squeezing into the size too small with chicken balti pie and crumbs all down there front

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
nike will be better quality, ive had loads of nike gear for footy and cant knock the quality. hopefully the kit is not too standard.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can appreciate why some people will not want Nike as the supplier, and why some would like to keep the ERREA shirts for the bespoke design, however if we do get a template or a copy of one of the big club's shirts I'd be more than happy to see us sporting a blue and white version of Juve,Barca or Atleti's kits.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
So it looks like Nike is our new kit manufacturer after having it confirmed at the club superstore.

I can't wait to see it personally, all clothing will get a much needed boost in quality.

Any thoughts?
One of the worse companies around for abusing labour and nobody should ever buy any of their products.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can appreciate why some people will not want Nike as the supplier, and why some would like to keep the ERREA shirts for the bespoke design, however if we do get a template or a copy of one of the big club's shirts I'd be more than happy to see us sporting a blue and white version of Juve,Barca or Atleti's kits.

Me too, ERREA have always been crap because the designs have been, by and large, crap and the quality has been poor. The above design, or similar, with white shorts and blue piping + blue socks will be, IMO, the dogs bollocks.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
As long as they're made of a stretchy material they'll go over the pie-bellies. I just hope the replicas aren't all designed with the pie-belly in mind, leaving some of us at risk of looking like we're wearing maternity clothing.

Never understood why s/m/l/xl stuff always assumes you get fatter as you get bigger, rather than taller/longer. I have replica shirts that both me and my wife could get into at the same time but that still don't get further than halfway down my forearm (and yes, they are the long-sleeved ones). A bit of tailoring to the belly-size and arm length would be gratefully received.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Me too, ERREA have always been crap because the designs have been, by and large, crap and the quality has been poor. The above design, or similar, with white shorts and blue piping + blue socks will be, IMO, the dogs bollocks.

For me, they never really recovered from the iron-on Skint logos :nono:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This (with our badge and sponsor obviously) could look superb - possibly not one for the fatties though.

Porto+13-14+Home+Kit+(4).jpg

That would possibly be our nicest EVER shirt - kinda puts paid to the "Nike don't do good shirts" argument immediately.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That would possibly be our nicest EVER shirt - kinda puts paid to the "Nike don't do good shirts" argument immediately.

Yep.

I honestly can't think of a shirt of ours that I would put ahead of that one if it were somehow to end up actually looking like that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
One of the worse companies around for abusing labour and nobody should ever buy any of their products.

Yep. No one should use Nike, as well as Apple iPhones, anything Samsung, don't drink coka cola or smoke cigarettes. Don't buy any clothes from any high street shop or online, don't play video games, don't wash your clothes in your chinese mass produced washing machines, don't play with footballs bought from sports direct and definitely do not wear football boots. Apart from that, everything else is 110% ethically made. Nice one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here