• Yes

Votes: 117 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Average is £53,000, or to put it another way, a junior doctor earns in a year what Chris O'Grady allegedly earns in a month.
In a month !!!! Christ it takes me 3 months to earn that .......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chief Executive of Brighton and Hove Council gets £150k+, you even get a £270k golden handshake with that post!!

Wouldn't happen in Germany, although you are more likely there to get a golden shower than a golden handshake.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Year 1 22, 636
Year 2 28,076
Year 3 30,002

Up to max £47,175 after 11 years.

Plus additional 40-50% for hours worked at night/weekends.

Sounds pretty good to me £30k after 3 years with another £12k with overtime moving up to £50k + £20k for overtime.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, but what they do pails into insignificance compared to what an MP has to do for their £67,060 + expenses, or the life saving work a Cabinet Minister like Jeremy Hunt getting £134,565 + expenses (if you can work out the forms...) does.

Of course MP's didn't need to strike....they just voted in their pay rise. Simples.

image.jpeg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This argument could be used anytime...."If the best man for the job isn`t on call 24/7"
It's not an argument as such, just my reason, on balance, for not personally supporting this particular strike.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
..... apparently they are arguing over pay around unsocial hours, seems the only problem.

It's what it boils down to.....their beef at its core is that in return for a tasty 11% pay rise....they will have to enter a contract that means on a shift rota basis, they will have to work some weekends....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't dispute the highlighted bit, there is no way to set up a private hospital like that in our country, that is not what you were saying in your sensationalist earlier post.
You generally get the same consultant as they work in both sectors although generally in a private hospital you get the consultant rather than the "assistant". Almost zero chance of contracting nasty diseases during your stay as the cleanliness standards are vastly better and of course far less waiting times.

Shame about the 100's of life improving operations that have been cancelled today that the patients now have to wait another year for, although many private hospitals are doing these NHS ops today.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here