Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If he was unhappy with lack of playing time at Brighton, wait till he spends a year on the bench at City.
Amazing how a few extra quid might make a difference to that mindset. See: Leandro "don't bench him twice in a row" Trossard :lol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
RDZ has a bit of a puzzle to get the best out of both him AND Mitoma - they clearly both play best in the same position, high up on the left. (And it’s where Adingra plays, too…)
I think that the weakness on the right side has been more than just Enciso. Buonanotte has also looked comparatively ineffective there. I think its because we didn't have a proper right back for these games. Estupinan is a big part of why Mitoma and Enciso look so dangerous on the left. Getting in someone to do the same job on the right would be a great move. Although Lamptey can attack and defend, I'm not sure he has the engine to get up and back so consistently. Veltman is an excellent defender, but doesn't scare full backs like Pervis does..

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
There were no Man City rumours, were there?? Nothing that made it to mainstream U.K. football Twitter anyway.

Yes there was, though could just be made up by agents.

I don't see him leaving at this stage of his career, as he needs regular game time which he won't get at City.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
To be fair that's the same for every player isn't it ?
Don't do it, kids:

Wilfried-Zaha-Man-Utd-F365.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In short: “I’m an impatient young man, with a lot of ambition, and will be looking for a big club asap”
Just like the manager, I think it's a case of 'enjoy them while they're here' for a lot of these players – and then hope that the replacements are just as good!

Having said that, I can't help thinking that some people's valuations of players are a bit off. As good as, say, Mitoma is, he's not been his usual high standards from earlier in the season and there's loads of room for improvement. Julio is the same. If he really DOES want to go to a big BIG club, then he's going to have to get better (but I'm sure he will).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Julio strikes me as a typically ambitious and enthusiastic youngster who has yet to understand what it takes to make it in the big leagues. I think RDZ is guiding him really well in trying to keep Julio's feet on the ground. There has been a marked improvement in Enciso's maturity as the season has gone on. Without doubt Julio is one of our most exciting prospects and I expect the vultures to circle at some point, although I'm not sure he is a City type player.

I've every confidence in Julio that he will progress much further and I have every confidence that De Zerbi is the right man to manage his prodigious talent well.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Julio strikes me as a typically ambitious and enthusiastic youngster who has yet to understand what it takes to make it in the big leagues. I think RDZ is guiding him really well in trying to keep Julio's feet on the ground. There has been a marked improvement in Enciso's maturity as the season has gone on. Without doubt Julio is one of our most exciting prospects and I expect the vultures to circle at some point, although I'm not sure he is a City type player.

I've every confidence in Julio that he will progress much further and I have every confidence that De Zerbi is the right man to manage his prodigious talent well.
Yes with Enciso there seems to be a lot of excitability which sometimes comes across a little petulant. I’d say it’s an age thing but Ferguson and Buonanotte don’t seem to have such emotional extremes on the pitch or in the interviews they give, so it’s probably just differences in personality.

RDZ (and Mac Allister) seems to know how to manage him in any case, and is getting the best from him. And what a talent he is.

He will leave one day, maybe there will be another saga or maybe not. We can’t know until it happens, so why worry now.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

All true, although I think you need to also need to take into account that that ambition comes from very early success:
  • Youngest debutant ever for Libertad (15 years old);
  • 55 appearances for Libertad before he turned 18;
  • PLayed in the South American equivalent of the CL at 17;
  • Capped for the national team at 17 and now has 10 caps to his name.
The guy is clearly not used to hanging around.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yes there was, though could just be made up by agents.

I don't see him leaving at this stage of his career, as he needs regular game time which he won't get at City.

Actually what I thought was nice for once is that his agent was clearly not keen on him going to Man City. I saw an article (I’ll try find it again) where he was asked about the interest and he said that “Ensico needed to keep his feet on the ground” or something like that. That Twitter thread also said he hadn’t mentioned them to Ensico at all. 🤣

It’s nice that it sounds like he’s more bothered about his career than the money tbf.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Actually what I thought was nice for once is that his agent was clearly not keen on him going to Man City. I saw an article (I’ll try find it again) where he was asked about the interest and he said that “Ensico needed to keep his feet on the ground” or something like that. That Twitter thread also said he hadn’t mentioned them to Ensico at all. 🤣

It’s nice that it sounds like he’s more bothered about his career than the money tbf.

That is good, I didn't see that article though.

I just saw that City were linked with him and the quote above which made it seem like Enciso is quite ambitious (not a bad thing) and seemly looks like he wants a move in the near future, provided he keeps progressing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes with Enciso there seems to be a lot of excitability which sometimes comes across a little petulant. I’d say it’s an age thing but Ferguson and Buonanotte don’t seem to have such emotional extremes on the pitch or in the interviews they give, so it’s probably just differences in personality.

RDZ (and Mac Allister) seems to know how to manage him in any case, and is getting the best from him. And what a talent he is.

He will leave one day, maybe there will be another saga or maybe not. We can’t know until it happens, so why worry now.
Fergie has been wrapped up in the academy environment since he was 14 so has had the benefit of the additional personal support since then so might be a factor in his case. Not worried about Julio at this stage, he’s developing rapidly (on the pitch, but also maturity), the club are looking after him well (bringing his parents here for example) and as others have said even his agent says he needs to stay where he is. If his trajectory continues he’ll probably be off in a couple of seasons for a colossal fee, and we’ll have a replacement ready. It’s what we do (brilliantly). I love his infectious (child-like) enthusiasm for everything - just watching him in the warm up is a joy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here