[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That goal put millions on his value and ensured he will go at the end of next season.
Scoring goal of the season does not always guarantee moving to a massive club, riches and glory.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Scoring goal of the season does not always guarantee moving to a massive club, riches and glory.

Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry.

Harry.

You'll never win an argument with facts (with apologies to Alan Hansen).
What you need to do is get down and personal. Something like:

'At what age did you discover you were needy, and felt the urge to spoil other people's enjoyment of Brighton having a South American wonderkid?' or...
'I didn't realise you could see into the future a full year. I bow to the size of your crystal balls'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry.

Harry.

You'll never win an argument with facts (with apologies to Alan Hansen).
What you need to do is get down and personal. Something like:

'At what age did you discover you were needy, and felt the urge to spoil other people's enjoyment of Brighton having a South American wonderkid?' or...
'I didn't realise you could see into the future a full year. I bow to the size of your crystal balls'.
I know, I know. I'm just a sucker for poignance. :shrug:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Anyone care to offer an explanation for Fashanu's subdued response to his wonder goal?

Apologies if I'm asking a daft question here - I don't recall the timeline between the goal and his demise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing much to report...

... Just Enciso, Ferguson and Bounanotte all feature in L'equipe's Top 30 in world football, born after 01.01.04.

Sadly even with an adequately sized ladder I'm still struggling to get over a wall.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Nothing much to report...

... Just Enciso, Ferguson and Bounanotte all feature in L'equipe's Top 30 in world football, born after 01.01.04.

Sadly even with an adequately sized ladder I'm still struggling to get over a wall.

Good to know our kids are going under the radar 😬

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not a massive risk - at around £6m at his stage at development , playing for Paraguay he must be around championship level even at 18. If he doesn’t progress further it’s unlikely the club will lose any money on him , however if he goes on to fully met his potential in a year or so , he would be worth a lot more than we paid for him !
18 months on and he has progressed brilliantly but with such a high ceiling, we might have to wait a few years to see him fully meet his potential.

As for value, it would be no surprise if the club turned down bids of the order of £30m. His value could go double that if he hits double figures next season and continues scoring the World Class goals against the Big Six.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Anyone care to offer an explanation for Fashanu's subdued response to his wonder goal?

Apologies if I'm asking a daft question here - I don't recall the timeline between the goal and his demise.
18 years and 21 clubs later Justin sadly took his own life.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't do it, kids:

Wilfried-Zaha-Man-Utd-F365.jpg
:tears2:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Three in the top 20, in fact. Buonanotte is 18th, Ferg 6th and King Julio 2nd.
Interesting.
I'd be amazed if Julio does better than Ferguson. Can't see Ferguson being anything other than a top three striker in ten years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports