[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've genuinely got one: VAT on women's sanitary products has been reduced to 0% since January 2021; but when we were in the EU, the minimum rate we could apply was 5%. It's quite ironic given that the demographic that this tax saving of 10p per box of tampons benefits - under 45s women - were 63% pro EU.

This is good stuff. Only on NSC could we go from Julio Enciso to obscure benefits of Brexit and nil VAT on womens' sanitary products.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I see that the 3rd Champions League qualifying round fixtures are on 2nd / 9th August. Genk were in the same position a year ago and played their first friendly on 3rd July 2021, so you'd expect pre-season to have started at least 2 weeks before that.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason the Albion have moved quickly is so the player will be available for USG in time for their pre-season, which will start much earlier than the Albions. They've lost Mitoma and Undav so are currently well short on attacking players. This could mean that both Enciso and Kozlowski - if he remains there - will get decent game time.

Keeps coming up and Well maybe but USG aren’t the only club they can loan a player to, if loaning is the plan , and he isn’t actually signed yet. Caicedo went to Beerschot, Sima went to Stoke , Sarmiento went into the U23s etc
Not every player we sign is headed out to RUSG and the desire to get a transfer done is I guess not going to be dictated by another clubs pre season timetable.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I see that the 3rd Champions League qualifying round fixtures are on 2nd / 9th August. Genk were in the same position a year ago and played their first friendly on 3rd July 2021, so you'd expect pre-season to have started at least 2 weeks before that.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason the Albion have moved quickly is so the player will be available for USG in time for their pre-season, which will start much earlier than the Albions. They've lost Mitoma and Undav so are currently well short on attacking players. This could mean that both Enciso and Kozlowski - if he remains there - will get decent game time.

You wait till we send them Zeqiri, Connolly, Andone, Khadra and Sima. Good luck keeping that lot happy!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
If he didn't already speak English, it's worth adding that he nearly signed in January and, even though he didn't, he would have been aware of our continued interest, so seems likely that he might have gone on a crash course.

You're confused surely? It was Billy Arce who went on the crash course...

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
No way a 5'6" 18 year old striker will set the Premier League alight, so he'll be shipped out on loan until us supporters hear him mentioned and say "oh yes, him" !

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Via Twitter, Pedro Galve, agent of Julio Enciso: “The idea is that he will stay in England [this season].”

So no loan then.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No way a 5'6" 18 year old striker will set the Premier League alight, so he'll be shipped out on loan until us supporters hear him mentioned and say "oh yes, him" !

A 5'6" 18 year old striker set La Liga alight not too long ago. Kept it burning for a fair while too.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A 5'6" 18 year old striker set La Liga alight not too long ago. Kept it burning for a fair while too.

Michael Owen wasn’t much bigger was he? I have no idea whether he will play straight away but some players can be brilliant at that age.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Michael Owen wasn’t much bigger was he? I have no idea whether he will play straight away but some players can be brilliant at that age.

Rooney wasn't exactly a giant and he was up there at 16.

(I am talking about being a Prem league player not a Granny pleaser)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Via Twitter, Pedro Galve, agent of Julio Enciso: “The idea is that he will stay in England [this season].”

So no loan then.

The key takeaway is 'England'. If the idea is that he will stay at Brighton, then surely he would have said 'Brighton'?

It looks like a loan to another English club, probably in the championship, to get game time sooner than if he stayed at Brighton, learn English and become accustomed to the English game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Would he have enough points to come here directly?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The key takeaway is 'England'. If the idea is that he will stay at Brighton, then surely he would have said 'Brighton'?

It looks like a loan to another English club, probably in the championship, to get game time sooner than if he stayed at Brighton, learn English and become accustomed to the English game.

I wonder if the loan is already in place. The lad will want to know exactly where he is going if he signs for us.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Given his reputation, and career stats so far (including as a full international), I'd suspect he is probably going to stay with us (work permit permitting). He'd probably nudge ahead of Sarmiento in the pecking order.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mi Chico Latino - Geri Halliwell

I've got a secret. I cannot keep it
Its just a whisper, signing a new guy
He's a dream or so it seams
Taken from a club in Paraguay

Although you left Libertad
I promise the weather's not that bad
Come and give it a go
No chance of stoke on loan

Take me back to my sweet lavida
Find my love my dolce vita
He's so fast, he isn't slow
Donde esta, Julio Enciso

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You have to ask, if that's the case, WTF is the lad (or his advisors) thinking? The length of the contract means nothing these days interms of moving in - the only difference is the price of the transfer related to the remaining length of the contract, which doesn't make much difference to the player.
Is he thinking of the riches of going on a free when his contract ends? - surely if he's that ambitious/driven he'll be looking to move on and up before his 4 years are up. And if he turns out to be a flop in Europe, he's better off sitting out five years of PL pay then four years.

FFS, of all that stands between him and a huge pay rise, setting himself up for life, and a huge chance of a glittering career in the PL is him wanting a four year deal not a five year one, then he must surely fail the 'No Dickheads' rule. Play hardball, Mr.Bloom!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports