Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He should qualify for a work permit as he's already a full international. We may still send him out on loan though to get more experience. However he's more experienced in senior football than Jeremy Sarmiento who forced himself into the first team picture in his first season, so we may see Enciso kept for the first part of the season, training with the first team squad while playing some games for the U23's and seeing how he gets on before a further decision is made in January. There is certainly a proven pathway into the first team squad for a new young signing now though.

When I did the math in January he was a few points off:

Lets see... he played 397 out of 1080 minutes in Copa Sudamericana. That is 36% if I remember how to calculate percents. This means... 0 points as it is a band 2 competition. He also played too little in Copa Libertadores. So 0 minutes from playing time in those competitions.

However, his club went to the semi finals in the Copa Sudamericana and he was in the matchday squads, so thats 6 points. Unfortunately they failed to go to the Copa Libertadores group stages so 0 points from that. Their quarter-finals in the same tournament in 2020 wont count because it is not within the 12 month limit.

All in all 6 points from the SA continental competitions.

Moving over to domestic competitions. The Paraguayan league is unfortunately a band 6 league. This is where I cant be bothered to do the exact maths and I also dont know if Clausura and Apertura counts as different competitions and doubles the point. Assuming not, he probably just goes over the 80% game time limit and gets 1 point from this, but it could be as much as 3.

Libertad won the Apertura season ending in December, meaning as a club from a band 6 club he Enciso gets another 1 point.

Furthermore he also gets another 2 points for playing in a band 6 club at all. His 3 appearances for low ranked Paraguay is also 0 pts.

TLDR: So if I'm counting correctly, and he gets no additional points for being part of Paraguys Copa America squad (it seems not but I could be wrong), he gets between 10-12 points out of the necessary 15. No work permit.

In order to get his work permit, it is unlikely that he could stay in Paraguay. He would need to be loaned out to a decent league and get decent amount of game time.

Not going to do the counting again but not quite sure he reaches the 15 pts just yet.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When I did the math in January he was a few points off:

Not going to do the counting again but not quite sure he reaches the 15 pts just yet.

He's only just turned 18 and is a full international. We have a very good case for bypassing the 15 points requirement and applying for a work permit under the exceptions rule

b. the Youth Player shows significant potential and is of sufficient quality to enhance the development of the game in England and justify the Exceptions Panel recommending that a GBE be awarded.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
This guy has close to 600K followers so fingers crossed this will happen.....( and no loan to Belgium please TB)

[tweet]1534580877207937026[/tweet]

Translation...
Rubén Di Tore, president of #Libertad , has just confirmed that Julio Enciso's transfer to Brighton in England is closed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It’s not done. - says several reporters close to the Albion - The clubs have agreed terms it appears. (According to reports of the President of Libertad saying so)
However Personal terms look like not closed yet and that’s where it fell down last time.
But it’s close …

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some people still calling for TB to get his money out to buy a £40M (give or take) striker - but we're spending huge amounts on punts. It's one thing buying promising youngsters with a view to them making the first team or (more likely) to be sold on to play at a decent level with the club pocketing a bit of profit - but making £10M punts (if that is the amount the club is shelling out) is an enormously risky gambit, it seems to me.
We've moved on a few recently - fees undisclosed, of course, but credible sources putting the fees at +/- £1M ................... we're going to have to go a lot higher than that with the likes of Enciso, Kozlowski, etc. - not to mention Mac, Caicedo and Moder for example. Seems like a high risk strategy to me - I know our recruitment team are good - but just [Ihow[/I] good?
FWIW, I think this lad needs to go out on loan - in the UK - and do well. He needs to generate a Ben White level of noise for the gamble to pay off!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And loaned out to USG? Or is this guy more first team ready?

Maybe but that wasn’t our approach with Jeremy Sarmiento who had less first team experience, started with the U23s and then would have been a first team squad regular by December if not for injuries etc
My guess then - he will be eased in - but no loan . Remember 5 subs in 22/23 and Potter likes using them

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Some people still calling for TB to get his money out to buy a £40M (give or take) striker - but we're spending huge amounts on punts. It's one thing buying promising youngsters with a view to them making the first team or (more likely) to be sold on to play at a decent level with the club pocketing a bit of profit - but making £10M punts (if that is the amount the club is shelling out) is an enormously risky gambit, it seems to me.
We've moved on a few recently - fees undisclosed, of course, but credible sources putting the fees at +/- £1M ................... we're going to have to go a lot higher than that with the likes of Enciso, Kozlowski, etc. - not to mention Mac, Caicedo and Moder for example. Seems like a high risk strategy to me - I know our recruitment team are good - but just [Ihow[/I] good?
FWIW, I think this lad needs to go out on loan - in the UK - and do well. He needs to generate a Ben White level of noise for the gamble to pay off!

Given they could be making £100m this summer from a £15m punt and a £13m punt - I’d argue it’s going very well indeed

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re in safe hands, Tony Bloom will have all the analysis in the world on these punts. We can’t compete with the cash other clubs can throw at players, but we can compete and win at finding hidden the gems in obscure places.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Maybe but that wasn’t our approach with Jeremy Sarmiento who had less first team experience, started with the U23s and then would have been a first team squad regular by December if not for injuries etc
My guess then - he will be eased in - but no loan . Remember 5 subs in 22/23 and Potter likes using them

Not a like-for-like comparison as Sarmiento grew up playing academy football in England.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given they could be making £100m this summer from a £15m punt and a £13m punt - I’d argue it’s going very well indeed

That's as maybe - and I hope you're right (though I doubt we'll be raking in as much as £100M, but a decent wedge, yes). But - and I appreciate you're tacitly acknowledging it - we're still talking of punts! Biss in 2023 for nothing anyone?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not a like-for-like comparison as Sarmiento grew up playing academy football in England.

And he’s a year older too but the glib reaction from some fans (loaned to USG ! ) could also be wide of the mark. There’s other options as last year showed us with Sima (champ loan), Caicedo and Sarmiento.
Potter had a 17 year old on the bench for much of last season too…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here