Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joshua v Whyte / Eubank v O'Sullivan

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
JRL does a fair amount of his training, nah? Track and hill sprints as well.

I'd never heard of JRL until you just mentioned it. Searched them up and it seems he does his fair share with them an all. Guy loves a training session don't he?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
My boxing bets are as inept as my life - I lumped on Klit last week and didn't put enough on Smith to KO fielding - but Whyte, I think, will be KO'd quickly.

If Booth has been given enough freedom CJE should win within the distance. I've (to my embarrassment) trained around him recently and he is certainly fit enough, but that wasn't enough for BJS.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sorry but that is rubbish. He has done/doing 2 this year, Brook Vs Gavin and Joshua Vs Whyte. Both have decent undercards. I'm not sure how many he has done over the years but it is not as many as you, and many others think.

Other than Froch vs Groves 2 not one of his other PPV's were genuine top quality main events. I mean Clev vs Bellew & Gavin vs Brook take the piss massively as does this card. Check the odds massive odds on favourites on all the bouts except for 2/5 Kevin Mitchell the weakest of the favourites.

Hearn is and has been taking the piss for sometime.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really... ?.... there are 5 or 6 decent fights on this bill

Compare it too the Fury PPV last week.....in comparison the Hearn Bill is way way better value.
And in my opinion has some cracking fights on it.

As I said previously check the odds no even money matches on the card. Joshua will destroy White and Eubank with beat Spike. Warrington has pulled out and Campbell and Malinaggi will win comfortably.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He generally trains out of Hove ABC at the back of the King Alfred under the guidance of his old man, Ronnie Davies and Adam Booth. But does fitness bits every now and then at Underground Gym in Portslade, Sol Gilbert generally puts him through his paces there. But if you've seen him at LA too then it seems he is not too fussy where it is as long as he is active. It's no coincidence he is in great shape... works seriously hard, and that includes when he isn't in camp. As an aside, for me Underground gym is one of the best in the south of England for any serious gym goer.

I take Joshua to put Whyte away pretty convincingly, certainly within 5 but going for Round 3. And I take Jnr to get Spike out of there late on, I think he'll outwork him and the ref will put Spike out of his misery, possibly in the 11th. I would like to see Spike land a left hook on Jnr's whiskers though, if he proves he has a decent chin and can survive that and get through a mini crises then the sky could be the limit in that Middleweight division for him, Golovkin aside possibly. I'm often wrong though, I thought Klitschko was buying money at 2/9 the other week, but thankfully I haven't punted for over a year or that would have been Christmas ruined!

Never a PPV card though, salesman Hearn at his very best telling us otherwise. It's a stacked card in terms of names, but competitive fights? Only Eubank vs Spike and Kevin Mitchell's dust-up for me. I can see why it appeals and the names do pull in the casual punters, but a British title fight headlining a PPV is abit much. Even Bellew vs Cleverly was for a world title! Saying that I will watch it so who's the mug?

Bellew vs Cleverly wasn't there first fight was which was on boxnation but the rematch criminally was PPV and a non title match.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Interesting fight night.

Luke campbell got knocked down for the first time in his career and eventually lost on points.

Tony Bellew just squeezed a win.

Kevin Mitchell got his arse spanked (KO)

Not looking good for Fast Car Eddie so far.

Next fight Chris Eubank JR.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Joshua v Whyte British Title - Mismatch will be over in Round 1/2
Eubank v O'Sullivan - One sided beating for the Irishman
Bellew v A bum - Boring 1 sided points decision for Price's gay lover
Mitchell v Barroso - Interim , Schminterim who cares ?
Campbell v A bum - Another mismatch
Malligni v Late Sub Bum - Waste of time
Chisora v A bum - My god who is paying £17 quid for this ?

If this was on Sky Sports 1 it would be crap let alone PPV

Your predictions are going well!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Great fight from eubanks. Absolutely destroyed him after a slowish first 2 rounds. Joshua v Whyte next.

Not AJ's best performance, but a really good test, He got caught in the second and Whyte was better than expected. But AJ always in control and the finish was devastating, wicked right to the head, and Whyte's legs were gone, massive right uppercut between the gloves and Whyte was a K/O'd mess between the ropes

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Should they both have been disqualified after the end of the first round?

I don't think so. Not after the tension between the 2 of them. It was called down and in my opinion the right decision from the ref. Especially after osullivan quitting before that. Joshua was shaken in round 2 but composed himself and the ko was devastating.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't think so. Not after the tension between the 2 of them. It was called down and in my opinion the right decision from the ref. Especially after osullivan quitting before that. Joshua was shaken in round 2 but composed himself and the ko was devastating.

Agreed, I think Howard Foster did a great job of calming things down.

Credit to Whyte's cornerman for pulling him away too and avoiding further drama.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Having looked at it again this morning Foster getting in the way of Whyte is the key.

Joshua initially hit after the bell, then Whyte came back at him, if Foster hadn't intervened there's no doubt Whyte would have carried on, closely followed by the world and his wife in the ring and a possibly a Bowe/Golota like brawl.

Froch said Whyte was very clever as it bought him extra time to recover in the corner, quick thinking given your getting your head punched in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here