Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joshua v Whyte / Eubank v O'Sullivan

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you watch "the gloves are off" interview between the two it's really embrassing. O'Sullivan just dried up and then attempted a handshake at the end that Eubank didn't take up.
Almost all of those interviews are painful to watch though, there's nothing to them other than the normal 'hype' rubbish.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
neither of those - there's quite a MMA/Boxing aspect to the one I go to so I've seen him in the ring and doing cardio there a few times. I'm sure most boxing at his level are, but he seemed in top condition.

He generally trains out of Hove ABC at the back of the King Alfred under the guidance of his old man, Ronnie Davies and Adam Booth. But does fitness bits every now and then at Underground Gym in Portslade, Sol Gilbert generally puts him through his paces there. But if you've seen him at LA too then it seems he is not too fussy where it is as long as he is active. It's no coincidence he is in great shape... works seriously hard, and that includes when he isn't in camp. As an aside, for me Underground gym is one of the best in the south of England for any serious gym goer.

I take Joshua to put Whyte away pretty convincingly, certainly within 5 but going for Round 3. And I take Jnr to get Spike out of there late on, I think he'll outwork him and the ref will put Spike out of his misery, possibly in the 11th. I would like to see Spike land a left hook on Jnr's whiskers though, if he proves he has a decent chin and can survive that and get through a mini crises then the sky could be the limit in that Middleweight division for him, Golovkin aside possibly. I'm often wrong though, I thought Klitschko was buying money at 2/9 the other week, but thankfully I haven't punted for over a year or that would have been Christmas ruined!

Never a PPV card though, salesman Hearn at his very best telling us otherwise. It's a stacked card in terms of names, but competitive fights? Only Eubank vs Spike and Kevin Mitchell's dust-up for me. I can see why it appeals and the names do pull in the casual punters, but a British title fight headlining a PPV is abit much. Even Bellew vs Cleverly was for a world title! Saying that I will watch it so who's the mug?

Last edited:

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
He generally trains out of Hove ABC at the back of the King Alfred under the guidance of his old man, Ronnie Davies and Adam Booth. But does fitness bits every now and then at Underground Gym in Portslade, Sol Gilbert generally puts him through his paces there. But if you've seen him at LA too then it seems he is not too fussy where it is as long as he is active. It's no coincidence he is in great shape... works seriously hard, and that includes when he isn't in camp. As an aside, for me Underground gym is one of the best in the south of England for any serious gym goer.

I take Joshua to put Whyte away pretty convincingly, certainly within 5 but going for Round 3. And I take Jnr to get Spike out of there late on, I think he'll outwork him and the ref will put Spike out of his misery, possible in the 11th. I would like to see Spike land a left hook on Jnr's whiskers though, if he proves he has a decent chin and can survive that and get through a mini crises then the sky could be the limit in that Middleweight division for him, Golovkin aside possibly. I'm often wrong though, I thought Klitschko was buying money at 2/9 the other week, but thankfully I haven't punted for over a year or that would have been Christmas ruined!

Never a PPV card though, salesman Hearn at his very best telling us otherwise. It's a stacked card in terms of names, but competitive fights? Only Eubank vs Spike and Kevin Mitchell's dust-up for me. I can see why it appeals and the names do pull in the casual punters, but a British title fight headlining a PPV is abit much. Even Bellew vs Cleverly was for a world title! Saying that I will watch it so who's the mug?

I'm at the Underground, cracking place and remember when it was very different (went to it when it was out of a lockup behind PC World). Last night I saw Eubanks in the ring with I chap I recognise as Adam Booth. He was also on the treadmill etc. It's really interesting watching someone of that level train.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Sorry but that is rubbish. He has done/doing 2 this year, Brook Vs Gavin and Joshua Vs Whyte. Both have decent undercards. I'm not sure how many he has done over the years but it is not as many as you, and many others think.

He has a contract with sky that he has to provide 4 ppv cards a year. How strictly that is kept I don't know, obviously not that much at the moment. But he needs the ppv cards as he's buying up all the fighters and offered a small fortune to Frampton to get the fight (so it can go on ppv). Framptons with Al Haymon so I if he's paying more than him he needs the big fights for a reason. You need to look in to it a bit more. Also, if you think the Bellew fight will be tough your having a laugh. His opponent had been found only 3 weeks out for the EBU title ! Bellew will make it look difficult though as he's not as good as he'd like you to believe.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Really... ?.... there are 5 or 6 decent fights on this bill

Compare it too the Fury PPV last week.....in comparison the Hearn Bill is way way better value.
And in my opinion has some cracking fights on it.

Joshua v Whyte British Title - Mismatch will be over in Round 1/2
Eubank v O'Sullivan - One sided beating for the Irishman
Bellew v A bum - Boring 1 sided points decision for Price's gay lover
Mitchell v Barroso - Interim , Schminterim who cares ?
Campbell v A bum - Another mismatch
Malligni v Late Sub Bum - Waste of time
Chisora v A bum - My god who is paying £17 quid for this ?

If this was on Sky Sports 1 it would be crap let alone PPV

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Got outclassed by BJS, Eubank is in another class compared to O'Sullivan, he has beaten a load of bums only

Ernest I like the cut of your jib... How do you see BJS vs Andy Lee going? Much better prospect than any fight on this weekends card. BJS points for me, Lee was slight fav last time I checked which surprises me.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Easy win for Eubank, hopefully BJS sees off Lee and then CEJ v BJS 2.

Check the odds for Saturdays fights , that tells you what non events they are

Really don't know what to think about Lee Vs Saunders. If pushed, my money would go on Lee but I'd pay good ££ to see a Jr Vs BJS rematch.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Really don't know what to think about Lee Vs Saunders. If pushed, my money would go on Lee but I'd pay good ££ to see a Jr Vs BJS rematch.

I'm looking forward to that fight the most. Andy Lee has amazing knock out power where as BJS is a really slick boxer.

It's either going to be Andy Lee by knock out or BJS on points. Either way, it's going to be an exciting fight.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
If all goes to plan and Jnr gets his mitts on the WBA strap and BJS beats Lee for the WBO, what chance the unification? Obviously it would be the fight everyone wants, including both fighters, but my doubts come from the fact BJS seems pretty happy with Warren and what with Eubank now with Matchroom, surely the fight is gonna be much harder to make than it could be? They'd be some egos around that discussion table but you'd imagine money would talk in the end ala Quigg vs Frampton and they could do a co-promotion?

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Just read that back, a co-promotion is never happening with them two. Saunders would have to jump ship...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Although unlikely Id absolutely LOVE it if Whyte smashes Joshua on his chin and knocks the boring manufactured idiot on his arse.

Desperate to see CEJ come through his second toughest test to date. O'sullivan can definitely punch.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I take Joshua to put Whyte away pretty convincingly, certainly within 5 but going for Round 3. And I take Jnr to get Spike out of there late on, I think he'll outwork him and the ref will put Spike out of his misery, possibly in the 11th. I would like to see Spike land a left hook on Jnr's whiskers though, if he proves he has a decent chin and can survive that and get through a mini crises then the sky could be the limit in that Middleweight division for him, Golovkin aside possibly. I'm often wrong though, I thought Klitschko was buying money at 2/9 the other week, but thankfully I haven't punted for over a year or that would have been Christmas ruined!

JRL does a fair amount of his training, nah? Track and hill sprints as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here