Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Shit hot in our first prem season, Injury plagued his second. Interesting to see what he can do this season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
José Izquierdo, what is really happening here? We keep hearing about injuries, set backs, training, set backs .... is it time for some honesty from the club? If we'd made a bad investment on a good player who is to fragile then surely we either own up or patch him up and send him on. I think it's a huge shame because he's an exciting player and one that can run at our opponents (or rather could).

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
José Izquierdo, what is really happening here? We keep hearing about injuries, set backs, training, set backs .... is it time for some honesty from the club? If we'd made a bad investment on a good player who is to fragile then surely we either own up or patch him up and send him on. I think it's a huge shame because he's an exciting player and one that can run at our opponents (or rather could).
He's injured, a long term one. This happens in football.

I don't think there is some big conspiracy theory!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea why he was in the squad late last season when the Club knew he needed further surgery. Most unlike the modern Albion where we don’t seem to risk inured players until we are sure they are fit. The silence is deafening.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Son told me he’s going on the Tenerife trip with the rest of the squad, can’t be too far off resuming training if true.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He's contract will be up in June 2021 so there's a vague hope he may get involved before that , if he was 100% fit who would make way ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Back soon according to the Argus this morning.

Potter:

“We are hopeful he can come into the team a little bit more in the next week or two. We will see how he is.”

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Back soon according to the Argus this morning.

Potter:

“We are hopeful he can come into the team a little bit more in the next week or two. We will see how he is.”

Yes I read that very positive news however in the same paper they had this story

I think it relates to a new means of propulsion for interstellar travel

Sheila Crafter thought her Argos own brand Cookworks Illumination Kettle was going to “take off and go into orbit” when it started spluttering hot water.

Sheila, from Brighton, who hosts foreign students, said: “The kettle was going berserk. It was really hot and steamy.

Fantastic reporting from the Argus

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Potter: "It's probably a bit unrealistic to expect anything this season."

Think he'll do well to play football again let alone for us at this rate.

[tweet]1235590921015545857[/tweet]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not looking good for him after having now missed most of the last 2 seasons, which is a real shame as his pace has definitely been missed. Still got another year left though, so maybe he'll get his career back on track with us, either in the Premier League or Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here