[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
todays press conference

'hopeful Jose will feature before the end of the season'

Just saw that

Incredible, that's will be nearly two full seasons out. (though he did have a couple of games last season where he blatantly wasn't right).

Hopefully GP is just managing expectations on this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just saw that

Incredible, that's will be nearly two full seasons out. (though he did have a couple of games last season where he blatantly wasn't right).

Hopefully GP is just managing expectations on this one.

Hopefully he meant to say 'year' instead of season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wasn't he back in training recently? Had another set back or as Stat says, supposed to be the end of the year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a horrible feeling, probably because of the time out and attempted comeback that he won't get back to anything like the standard he was before.

I really do hope I'm wrong :down:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He’s the most direct until he reaches the edge of the box, stops, cuts inside and tries to curl it into the top corner.

Every time

This! Absence seems to make people forget that he looks a little one trick pony and you'd never bet on him one on one with the keeper. Can't go down the outside and when he cuts in he might just score the off screamer but normally it's out by the corner flag!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have a horrible feeling, probably because of the time out and attempted comeback that he won't get back to anything like the standard he was before.

You're probably right.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I have a horrible feeling we'll never see him again at all.

I really do hope I'm wrong as well. :down:

His game is built on pace and you always fear the worst after a bad injury that a few yards will have been lost

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sadly I think the team has moved on, Trossard is another level entirely and Maupay and Connelly provide the pace and mobility we desperately needed back then. We also do not play on the counter as much as we did under Hughton. I would not be at all surprised if Izzy was moved as soon as he is fit enough to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sadly I think the team has moved on, Trossard is another level entirely and Maupay and Connelly provide the pace and mobility we desperately needed back then. We also do not play on the counter as much as we did under Hughton. I would not be at all surprised if Izzy was moved as soon as he is fit enough to be.

I agree I do not think that we will see much more of Izzy in the stripes. and I do wonder if he is an improvement on those playing at the moment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do hope he comes back, perhaps loan him out to a Championship side to get his fitness up to 100%, then have him back in the fold :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9169827 said:
Back in January or February according to his agent, currently in Colombia doing rehab.

Norman Capuozzo: "We hope that José Izquierdo can compete again in January or February"

The Colombian player at the service of Brigthon, from England, is in our country advancing the final phase of his left knee injury, which affected him during much of this 2019.

In recent days, Colombian soccer player José Heriberto Izquierdo has published in his official accounts on social networks some photos and videos of his recovery process from a left knee injury, which has kept him away from the playing fields in football England.

Together with the English Brigthon player, there has been Norman Capuozzo, his representative, who has been a foothold in the search for full recovery.

Precisely Capuozzo spoke on Wednesday night with GolCaracol.com and in the beginning explained that "José is now good to give a lot of support, that's what we are doing."

The Venezuelan agent added that "Left is in the recovery phase. It has been a tough meniscus (left knee) injury. It is somewhat exhausting to face."

And it is that for the Pereira, 27, this 2019 became a headache, since since April 27 he has not officially played with Brighton. That day was 66 minutes in the 1-1 against Newcastle.

"We hope that José may be competing again in January or February. The expectation is that he now begins with a significant improvement," Capuozzo said.

https://gol.caracoltv.com/colombian...da-volver-competir-en-enero-o-febrero-ie11323

scooter1

How soon is now?
yes and any option when we are struggling is a good option and occasionally we have struggled.
Absolutely. Any player that can come off the bench and change a game is going to be an asset. And if that player is fit and chosen in the starting 11, we hope they offer goals and assists. Fingers crossed José can get back to being the player he was before he went to the World Cup in 2018

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here