Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Trott on his way home

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Trott is a hero for admitting his illness and standing up to it. Get well soon Jonathan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread makes it sound like there's a constant commentary of abuse from the fielding side, but there are 2 umpires within earshot too and if they feel someone has overstepped the mark they'll intervene.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
famous sledging story with glenn Mcgrath and Eddo Brandes of Zimbabwe.

Mcgrath bowling and brandes couldn't get anywhere near him....finally McGrath goes up to him and says " Why are you so ****ing fat"...to whit Brandes replies " everytime I shag your missus, she gives me a biscuit" Now that is Banter and sledging at its best.

there is also a classic where one fast bowler was pinging it down, and after missing the ball over and over, the aussie wicketkeeper shouted out " bowl him a piano, maybe the ******* can play that"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Mcgrath bowling and brandes couldn't get anywhere near him....finally McGrath goes up to him and says " Why are you so ****ing fat"...to whit Brandes replies " everytime I shag your missus, she gives me a biscuit" Now that is Banter and sledging at its best.

there is also a classic where one fast bowler was pinging it down, and after missing the ball over and over, the aussie wicketkeeper shouted out " bowl him a piano, maybe the ******* can play that"

lol

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

one i heard the other day...and i can't remember who it was between but it went along the lines of......

Batsman says to bowler..." you're the size of a bus"

next ball, bowler removes middle wicket of said batsman and runs past him shouting "ding ding, tickets please"

Now that tickled me !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here