Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Johnson’s fumbling and lying could be about to get very dangerous indeed…

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
'I guarantee you, Putin will stop in his tracks and he will not invade.'

randomly freezing assets of private individuals on the unproven accusations its held for national leader doesnt seem very easy. for one thing, its not a given its wrong or illegal, we may think it is but that doesnt necessarily make it so.

i'm wondering if we're making more out of this than there is. apparently in Ukraine they are playing down imminent invasion, heard there's nothing about it in Russian media or Putin's recent interviews. its as if the entire purpose is to wind up the west, gain some concession, with no real intent to invade.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I found this OPINION article very heartening.

https://motychak.substack.com/p/kazakhstan-case-may-prove-to-be-us

Particularly this bit :

"What is not a rumor but only an official communique by China's Foreign Ministry is the importance of the Olympics to Beijing. Jan 14 China's FM spokesperson stressed that all countries should observe a traditional UN Olympic Truce starting "from 7 days before the start of the Olympic Games until 7 days after the end of the Paralympic Games", which means from Jan 28 to March 20. That gives Ukraine time to pretty much "get ready for the party".
Especially interesting is that those comments were made during the active phase of the Muscovy’s build-up around Ukraine. Clearly, something is not right between PRC and Muscovy."

We'll see.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
didnt Russia invade somewhere during Olympics before?

post search, yes: while we watched 2008 Olympic ceremony from Beijing, Russians invaded Georgia. oh they so dont want that to happen again.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a surprise. I know those who work out of The Kremlin are hardly men of their word but I trust them on this.

Kremlin calls Boris Johnson’s Ukraine diplomacy efforts ‘utterly confused’….

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ort-utterly-confused-protect-russian-invasion

“The Kremlin moved to belittle Boris Johnson on Wednesday, describing him as “utterly confused” and calling British diplomacy a waste of time”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here