Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Johnson’s fumbling and lying could be about to get very dangerous indeed…

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Complete and utter cock up by Germany and the EU, who invited Russia to spend and build a £16 billion gas pipe line then tell Russia it can't use it,, no one's actually going to help Ukraine with anything else than moral support who are taking full advantage of the situation to try and become a part of nato to become very military strategic on the Russian doorstep, just hope Germany and the EU completely run out of natural gas if the tit for tat sanctions begin

The gas pipeline was commissioned over 10 years ago, the predicted need for the gas is accurate but I don't think the people who approved the pipeline could anticipate what Putin has become in that time. Yes, it obviously could be used to blackmail the West but the need was there and no one could see Putin moving the goalposts in order to become dictator for life.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Any of the detractors want to comment on 'God Save the Queen' trending on Ukrainian twitter?

We are doing far more than most allies, even Germany won't allow our aid to go via their airspace.

And the less said about Sleepy Joe, the better, this would never have happened under the Donald.

The Donald, Russia....quit while you're ahead pal.

D

Deleted member 2719

This genuinely has me concerned. This is not a task Johnson is up to. At all. If he uses this as his “Churchill Moment” we have a lot to fear. The world does.

“No 10 casts Johnson as head of anti-Russian alliance over Ukraine”…

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...as-head-of-anti-russian-alliance-over-ukraine

Seriously. This is dangerous territory. And it looks like it’s all Downing Street Spin. Let’s hope the real world leaders keep Johnson well away from any negotiations or military threats.

Biden has the twitchy finger, can you imagine what would be going off on here now if his name was Trump?

Why Boris and not Biden in your thread title?

Oh another political stab at Boris and the tories thread.:yawn::yawn:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Complete and utter cock up by Germany and the EU, who invited Russia to spend and build a £16 billion gas pipe line then tell Russia it can't use it

Why aren't we fully utilising the Nord Stream 1 pipeline?

Edit: And for that matter any of the other pipelines from the east?

This is far more than a "Complete and utter cock up by Germany and the EU", IMO way too simplistic to think this way.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...-justify-nord-stream-ii-are-just-plain-wrong/

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...ine-is-a-strategic-weapon-it-must-be-stopped/

This is an absolutely massive can of worms.

Last edited:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This genuinely has me concerned. This is not a task Johnson is up to. At all. If he uses this as his “Churchill Moment” we have a lot to fear. The world does.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...as-head-of-anti-russian-alliance-over-ukraine

Seriously. This is dangerous territory. And it looks like it’s all Downing Street Spin. Let’s hope the real world leaders keep Johnson well away from any negotiations or military threats.

I think Mark Twain sums it up well. "I have spent most of my life worrying about things that have never happened"

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well you certainly voted for what Vlad wanted, at the end of the day, who's side are you on?
Having read hundreds of your posts rubbishing the UK at every opportunity across numerous topics ...certainly not yours pal.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Having read hundreds of your posts rubbishing the UK at every opportunity across numerous topics ...certainly not yours pal.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Saying the one that voted to undermine the very integrity of the UK.

Speaking of undermining the UK, what did the Russia report conclude again? (that thing Johnson suppressed during the 2019 GE)

Capture.PNG

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any of the detractors want to comment on 'God Save the Queen' trending on Ukrainian twitter?

We are doing far more than most allies, even Germany won't allow our aid to go via their airspace.

And the less said about Sleepy Joe, the better, this would never have happened under the Donald.

Tbf absolutely nothing happened under Donald Trump so maybe you're right. On the other hand I'm not sure it was some kind of elaborate strategy.

Those opposing Trump said "holy shit he got the power and will turn everything into crazy chaos and we're all doomed" while his fans said "he's going to save the country, make America great again, change society to the better"... in the end, **** all happened. Four years of nothing.

It says a lot that a couple of thousand bearded incels made a half-arsed "storming" of the Capitol building is the most talked about event in regards of his rule.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

#Darren Grimes

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Jesus, this thread is depressing. Some of the opinions being expressed are remarkable. Luckily, it's just noise on the internet.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I totally agree BJ is so self centric that I fear he would throw anyone under the bus if he thought it might move the spotlight away from his own problems to the extent he could inadvertently start WW3

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The gas pipeline was commissioned over 10 years ago, the predicted need for the gas is accurate but I don't think the people who approved the pipeline could anticipate what Putin has become in that time. Yes, it obviously could be used to blackmail the West but the need was there and no one could see Putin moving the goalposts in order to become dictator for life.

the comment in bold is reference to Germany failing to sign-off on paperwork to allow the pipeline to start operating.

Why aren't we fully utilising the Nord Stream 1 pipeline?

Edit: And for that matter any of the other pipelines from the east?

Russia has restricted supply through the Nord pipeline. this has been going on since the summer or last winter, they want to force use of Nord II to bypass Ukraine. yes, ees complicated.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris saw this coming months ago and signed a gas deal with Oman to make up any shortfalls in the uks gas supply, just like the vaccines quick decisive decisions , protecting the the UK,

Great story, if only it were true. Oman???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On Radio 4's Any Questions this week, there was a question about whether BJ has taken his 'eye off the ball' regarding Ukraine.

Perhaps BJ and his advisors heard the question and realised he needs to be seen to be more 'involved' down there if they don't want to lose yet more of their core voters???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
the comment in bold is reference to Germany failing to sign-off on paperwork to allow the pipeline to start operating.

Russia has restricted supply through the Nord pipeline. this has been going on since the summer or last winter, they want to force use of Nord II to bypass Ukraine. yes, ees complicated.

Yes, the Germans are unsure if it is safe to actually rely on the Russians ( Putin) to hold up to their promises given the recent warmongering. At the time of initiation of the project it would always carry the risk of relying on an untrustworthy partner but that had to be balanced against Europe's need for that gas. Putin has in fact become steadily more unstable since that time. The Russians ( Putin ) are working on many fronts to prevent further NATO expansion and what it sees as the worrying flowering of democracy getting closer to Russia.

NATO, as we all know was formed upon the principle that a First Strike by Russia would lead to war with all the signatory nations, it was never founded on any agreement to strike first so it is no threat to Russia unless Russia ( Putin ) decides he wants to pick off one of the signatory nations along his border. Therein NATO fulfils its purpose.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

So you haven't changed the location on your twitter feed to actually see what is trending in Ukraine, but believe without question the tweets from Darren Grimes,

A simple factcheck would expose his propaganda

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I'm not sure that's strictly true, and certainly not the whole story:

With the Kremlin looking for creative ways to finish the final 160 kilometers of the pipeline, US Congress has included new sanctions in an annual defense bill that will make completing the project impossible.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blo...ine-is-a-strategic-weapon-it-must-be-stopped/

Germany may not have 'signed off' something, but for what reason/s or not, is very hard to tell. Certainly there is more at play than German politics.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not sure that's strictly true, and certainly not the whole story:

Germany may not have 'signed off' something, but for what reason/s or not, is very hard to tell. Certainly there is more at play than German politics.

thats a year out of date. the pipeline was completed last September https://www.euronews.com/2021/09/10...mpleted-but-ukraine-pledges-to-continue-fight

Germany has suspending certification, for what amounts to the wrong sort of company. which is just silly when Russia controls the taps at the other end. https://www.dw.com/en/german-agency-suspends-certification-for-nord-stream-2-pipeline/a-59833502

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here