Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Johnson’s fumbling and lying could be about to get very dangerous indeed…

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This genuinely has me concerned. This is not a task Johnson is up to. At all. If he uses this as his “Churchill Moment” we have a lot to fear. The world does.

“No 10 casts Johnson as head of anti-Russian alliance over Ukraine”…

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...as-head-of-anti-russian-alliance-over-ukraine

Seriously. This is dangerous territory. And it looks like it’s all Downing Street Spin. Let’s hope the real world leaders keep Johnson well away from any negotiations or military threats.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It's worrying times. Putin, Johnson, Biden all feeling like they have something to prove to their audience at home and abroad and itching for opportunities to show "strength".

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not good. Biden looks more and more like he should be sitting on a bench at the beach in Miami with all the other retirees

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not good. Biden looks more and more like he should be sitting on a bench at the beach in Miami with all the other retirees

The West is so weak and divided. It’s exactly what Russia and China have been working towards. Interfering in elections, exploiting our weakness after Brexit. This has been a long game and the two supposedly most powerful leaders in the West are both absolute wrecks.
This is what it’s been leading up to. Or the start of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johnson is a proven rubber bicycle in the tour de France, but I can't see him blundering into a war, by missing a key meeting or shooting his mouth off, a la Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe at a pivotal moment, unprepared and unaware.

Oh.

Hang on....

:facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Johnson is a proven rubber bicycle in the tour de France, but I can't see him blundering into a war, by missing a key meeting or shooting his mouth off, a la Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe at a pivotal moment, unprepared and unaware.

Oh.

Hang on....

:facepalm:

That’s exactly the example that I was thinking of. He’s about as diplomatic as a lump hammer.

Like a kid at a firework display, he needs to be kept well away from the matches. He just needs to stand on the fringes and oooh and ahhhh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks to de pfeffel et al we no longer have a voice in world politics.

BoJo, Wee Jimmy Krankie, Gully it really makes no difference who speaks for us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The West is so weak and divided. It’s exactly what Russia and China have been working towards. Interfering in elections, exploiting our weakness after Brexit. This has been a long game and the two supposedly most powerful leaders in the West are both absolute wrecks.

Our failure to build reasonable societies is what failed us, not interference in elections. Blaming the rest of the world while doing **** all about our own, since long growing issues is what has put us in a situation where people are disappointed enough to prefer demagogues over the common kind of liar. Are states in other parts of the world rubbing their hands? Of course. But the issue is self-destruction, we only have ourselves to blame.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

For what it’s worth, I agree. Democracies by nature have to wait until it’s nearly game over, and then hope for a 2nd bite of the cherry. Push has not nearly come near to shove yet re: Russia, China and the West.

I wouldn’t fret too much though, nothing you can do, except develop stomach ulcers or make yourself sick with worry as I did as a kid re: protect and survive pamphlets/public info films. That never cam to pass thankfully but I was sacred stiff thinking about it at the time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For what it’s worth, I agree. Democracies by nature have to wait until it’s nearly game over, and then hope for a 2nd bite of the cherry. Push has not nearly come near to shove yet re: Russia, China and the West.

I wouldn’t fret too much though, nothing you can do, except develop stomach ulcers or make yourself sick with worry as I did as a kid re: protect and survive pamphlets/public info films. That never cam to pass thankfully but I was sacred stiff thinking about it at the time.

You’re right.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Our failure to build reasonable societies is what failed us, not interference in elections. Blaming the rest of the world while doing **** all about our own, since long growing issues is what has put us in a situation where people are disappointed enough to prefer demagogues over the common kind of liar. Are states in other parts of the world rubbing their hands? Of course. But the issue is self-destruction, we only have ourselves to blame.

I don’t think the two factors are mutually exclusive.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh goody, yet another (matchday) slag off the government/Boris/Brexit thread ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

War’s a bit more serious than that. It really is a very dangerous situation.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems to me there already couldn’t be much worse than a posturing idiot like Liz Truss telling Putin not to make ‘a massive strategic mistake’. For someone who wouldn’t want to lose face to such a wet lettuce, it’s all but throwing down the gauntlet. Let’s hope he considers her so insignificant it barely registered.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh goody, yet another (matchday) slag off the government/Boris/Brexit thread ...

The match finished 7 hours ago. Anyway, you are not required to post. And we won’t run out of internet. So nothing to get excited about, darling.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“ Few can predict the course of the Ukraine crisis, and no one doubts the huge military and ideological support provided by the UK, but at minimum Johnson has a lot of catching up to do before he is taken seriously as the central player in this conflict in the way that Downing Street projects”.

Let’s hope he really is hushed before he can make any blunders we can’t walk away from. But Liz Truss is a huge worry. She literally presents as someone with mental health issues.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The match finished 7 hours ago. Anyway, you are not required to post. And we won’t run out of internet. So nothing to get excited about, darling.
I'm surprised you even knew there was a match on sweetie ... did you go? [emoji1787]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here