[Politics] Johnson resigns from parliament

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I personally am so disillusioned with British politics (on both sides of the house) that nothing surprises me and I’m at the point where I actually couldn’t give a shit anymore, but the venom being spouted on this thread by some posters who I’ve always had a certain respect for is quite honestly pathetic and lacks class, it says as much about them as it does Boris bloody Johnson.

And when Johnson won the Tory leadership election ?

Mark my words, a few years from now, Johnson will be the most popular Prime Minister in living memory, having sorted Brexit and well on his way to making this little island great again.

But now they're all as bad as one another - the last defence of the truly desperate :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I personally am so disillusioned with British politics (on both sides of the house) that nothing surprises me and I’m at the point where I actually couldn’t give a shit anymore, but the venom being spouted on this thread by some posters who I’ve always had a certain respect for is quite honestly pathetic and lacks class, it says as much about them as it does Boris bloody Johnson.
Abuse is never a good way to debate anything, but a couple of football fans on an internet forum exchanging abusive views ( not actually knowing if they’re even telling the truth) is the same as presiding over 200,000 deaths, tripling the national debt, committing adultery whilst their partner is having cancer treatment, meeting up with KGB agents, whilst Foreign Secretary, and lying to Parliament and the Queen, is comparable?

Ok. :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Abuse is never a good way to debate anything, but a couple of football fans on an internet forum exchanging abusive views ( not actually knowing if they’re even telling the truth) is the same as presiding over 200,000 deaths, tripling the national debt, committing adultery whilst their partner is having cancer treatment, meeting up with KGB agents, whilst Foreign Secretary, and lying to Parliament, is comparable?

Ok.

Apparently according to the political cult that is Johnson, it is :dunce:

And there's that bloody auto correct again !

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
All correct and the red tops can ridicule or rally behind every 3/4 months for ever more.

‘84 year old ex Prime Minister Boris Johnson has not ruled out a return to top line politics, he said today at the birth of his 18th child.
The political Curbishley

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Give us some balance then . You thought he was going to be great, what is your take on his tenure as PM?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Clearly knew he would booted out at Uxbridge so off to the Shires with some seat with 20,000 plus majority...
It has already been pointed out, that a suspension applies to standing for another seat.

He has resigned before the report is made public, before Parliament even votes to accept its findings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A poem!

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 42

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But now they're all as bad as one another - the last defence of the truly desperate :lolol:
Priceless. Good spot. That sums up what we are up against.

And to add, when they are all as bad as each other, may as well play it safe and vote conservative.

The logic of intractable, resolute, unwavering....tory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I’d have more respect for any Conservative voter who said they condemned his actions, and hoped the more moderate Tories took the party back from the far right.
Those who don’t, condone the far right views of the present cabal, in my opinion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Priceless. Good spot. That sums up what we are up against.

And to add, when they are all as bad as each other, may as well play it safe and vote conservative.

The logic of intractable, resolute, unwavering....tory.
Also the narrative being spruiked by the Tory press from what I have seen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’d have more respect for any Conservative voter who said they condemned his actions, and hoped the more moderate Tories took the party back from the far right.
Those who don’t, condone the far right views of the present cabal, in my opinion.
To be fair I assume that most of the NSC Tory voters on NSC feel the same way.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Unfortunately, whether or not you intended it, this comment reads a bit like 'all politicians are the same' and 'visceral language' is unfairly being used against Boris Johnson as well as between posters who hold different views on this one man. In answer to the first I say that is wholly incorrect, but the populists would have you believe the issues are between 'us' (the people) and 'them' (the elite enemy). When they are losing the argument they seek to destroy the whole edifice and undermine British politics, hoping to produce a reaction like yours. Then they can pick up the pieces and get your vote - again. Johnson is a populist and I hope you are not gulled again. Given your comments, I fear you may be.......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given that one side has a number of proven liars and is balls-deep in corruption, and the other isn’t, I’m genuinely fascinated to understand how you think the two sides are even remotely comparable.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
[
What lies about your family members are you referring to?

The only mention was a joke about your dad being a sheep and following the Tories. Yeah it was in poor taste (I assumed their was more context).

But let's not get hysterical about 'lies about your family'.

Report the post if you feel it is beyond the pail and move on. (Maybe change your username is you are so offended by a joke).
pale (soz)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports