Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson resigns from parliament

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just think it's a dangerous road to go down personally, making up rules as we go along is something Johnson would do.
i'd suggest that johnson is forcing us to "make up" a bill of rights to ensure this chaos never happens again.

johnson needs to be made the exception for the sake of the nation

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a charge of misconduct in public office which can be brought, without changing the rules. It could be an inevitable step if he pushes it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Think the main difference is unlike the nurse in your example is that MPs are voted on, if the public don't like what they have done they will and can be voted out, nurses don't have that luxury.

The obvious exception is those that have served jail time, I believe they are banned anyway.

Just think it's a dangerous road to go down personally, making up rules as we go along is something Johnson would do.
Nobody is making up anything as they go along. These are the rules, set by parliament to govern how parliament should be run.

He broke them, and then he broke them again by lying that he didn't break them. What aspect do you think is being 'made up as we go along' :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nobody is making up anything as they go along. These are the rules, set by parliament to govern how parliament should be run.

He broke them, and then he broke them again by lying that he didn't break them. What aspect do you think is being 'made up as we go along' :shrug:
Banning him from standing again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think you are 'confused' :facepalm:

He is not banned from standing again but he may be stopped from standing again for a period, if the majority of Parliament (regardless of party) decide to vote for this. You may have more success going down the 'But they're all the same' line as that is actually harder to prove as being factually incorrect than the line you've decided to take in order to defend Johnson and may make you appear less poorly informed.

Just trying to help :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So what's this about the young advisor with no noteworthy achievements that he's promoted to the House or Lords ? His secret daughter, mistress or someone who has the photos ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody is banning him standing again but the Privileges Committee will put their report of misleading the House to Parliament, which will result in his suspension. This in turn would lead to a by election in Uxbridge.
He knew this, as witnessed by his defence lawyer, hence his words ‘I’m f**ked’.
He has jumped the gun by resigning. The suspension when enacted will apply to a new seat, hence he can’t stand in Mid Beds straight away.
If he chooses to stand next year he can, but he can also be tried on an indictment of misconduct in public office, when Baroness Hallet has concluded her Covid enquiry. If found guilty of that means life imprisonment.

All readily available in law, so no need to make anything up as we go along.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nobody is banning him standing again but the Privileges Committee will put their report of misleading the House to Parliament, which will result in his suspension. This in turn would lead to a by election in Uxbridge.
He knew this, as witnessed by his defence lawyer, hence his words ‘I’m f**ked’.
He has jumped the gun by resigning. The suspension when enacted will apply to a new seat, hence he can’t stand in Mid Beds straight away.
If he chooses to stand next year he can, but he can also be tried on an indictment of misconduct in public office, when Baroness Hallet has concluded her Covid enquiry. If found guilty of that means life imprisonment.

All readily available in law, so no need to make anything up as we go along.
A 'maximum' of life imprisonment I think. ie: loads of scope for less.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From 8 mins on he tears his statement to shreds ....
Its the most succinct, forensic, accurate and targeted takedown of this latest Johnson shitshow I've seen across the entire media.

O'Brien can get a bit over-preachy for me at times. But this is a quite splendid monologue, well worth half an hour of anyone time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He’s got a knighthood? He was on politics live and could barely string a coherent sentence together.
He was adamant he wasn’t calling the privileges committee’s judgment into question but kept pointing out that there was bias and ignoring the Tory majority. Struck me as a bit of a moron.
According to that clip he used to work in "Teresa Gay's government" :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Less than a year ago....

In the end, despite having one of best lawyers in the country representing him funded by you and I, he knew his parliamentary party wouldn't rescue him and ultimately nor would the voters of Uxbridge.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here