[Politics] Johnson resigns from parliament

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
The producers of Have I got News for You have a lot to answer for (not only Boris, Farage too) Really do wonder what Hislop and Merton think of the roles they played.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The producers of Have I got News for You have a lot to answer for (not only Boris, Farage too) Really do wonder what Hislop and Merton think of the roles they played.
I think the plan was to mock them for public entertainment. I recall that it worked. Johnson fessed up to criminal activity and lying about it. It is perhaps time that these episodes were rerun.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Reactions: cjd

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I just hope that when I start getting a bit slow in the old mind tank I have sufficient wit to give up trying to be a player and settle for good old spectatorship.
….. turns seaward to watch ship that has already sailed disappear towards the horizon/sunset

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That it built up the cult of 'Boris is a legend' and he went on to become London Mayor and then Prime Minister perhaps shows that it didn't.
You think Johnson owes his career to an appearance on HIGNFY? Him, Charles Kennedy, Ken Livingstone, Cecil Parkinson, Neil Kinnock, Roy Hattersley, Gerald Kaufman, Rhodes Boyson (etc., etc,) and Paula Yates, presumably.

He hosted the show twice in 2002 and 2003. Later it was hosted by Des Lynam.

No, he's had the Mail and Sun on 24 hour nosh alert for 20+ years. HIGNFY was not responsible for his rise. I'm not a fan of after timing and, given the range of other guests and presenters over the years, including repeat stints by Ken Leninspart, I am disinclined to accuse Merton and Hislop of contributory negligence, let alone willful promotion.

There are others I'd shoot first. Let's start with 'call me Dave' Cameron.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You think Johnson owes his career to an appearance on HIGNFY? Him, Charles Kennedy, Ken Livingstone, Cecil Parkinson, Neil Kinnock, Roy Hattersley, Gerald Kaufman, Rhodes Boyson (etc., etc,) and Paula Yates, presumably.

He hosted the show twice in 2002 and 2003. Later it was hosted by Des Lynam.

No, he's had the Mail and Sun on 24 hour nosh alert for 20+ years. HIGNFY was not responsible for his rise. I'm not a fan of after timing and, given the range of other guests and presenters over the years, including repeat stints by Ken Leninspart, I am disinclined to accuse Merton and Hislop of contributory negligence, let alone willful promotion.

There are others I'd shoot first. Let's start with 'call me Dave' Cameron.
You can tell which papers are still on his side.

Every paper’s front page tomorrow (including the Telegraph and Times) refer to him as Johnson or Mr Johnson. With the exception* of the Mail, Express and Sun. It’s then ‘Boris’ or ‘Bojo’. The illusion of him being a lovable rogue just disappears if you refer to him formally with his surname, the bubble bursts.

Edit - * The Star refers to him as Bozo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can tell which papers are still on his side.

Every paper’s front page tomorrow (including the Telegraph and Times) refer to him as Johnson or Mr Johnson. With the exception* of the Mail, Express and Sun. It’s then ‘Boris’ or ‘Bojo’. The illusion of him being a lovable rogue just disappears if you refer to him formally with his surname, the bubble bursts.

Edit - * The Star refers to him as Bozo.
Indeed. I have carefully avoided referring to him by his second name (his first is Kerfuffle or something) for years.

Never invest a troll/gimp with anything that acknowledges a degree of humanity.

The Star, in its attitude to Johnson, sounds like my cat and its attitude when it encounters another cat - not sure whether to worship it, kill it or f*** it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The rise of Johnson has nothing to with his appearances on panel shows. The vast majority of his supporters would never watch the programme.

He was right time, right place when he won the London Mayoral elections (when Ken went fruitcake) and was persuaded to do so by Camamoron because they couldn't find anyone else.

He had the Olympics in London which greatly helped, so his profile became somewhat global.

( His performance on St Johns Road post Clapham Junction riots was full on wanker, but that never made South East News or CBS )

For someone so appalling as Johnson, you need a bit of luck as well.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Perhaps timely to raise again that Johnson was widely reported to have been denied access to official secrets when he was Foreign Secretary because he couldn't be trusted and was friends with too many questionable Russians whom he'd meet breaking protocol without officials present. Including one currently sanctioned by Canada for "directly enabling" the war in Ukraine, who is an ex-KGB colonel, who Johnson nominated for a peerage and the Lords and celebrated his election win with. Yet I'm sure many Johnson supporters somehow overlook this massive concern for national security and consider themselves patriotic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Newsnight last night was quite a sight to behold. They needed three Tories on to one Emily Thornberry.

Lack of balance you might think but it was soon clear they were representing three totally different wings of the Tory party.

Maybe that’s the strategy. Become so divided that you need half an army of Tories for every interview.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good old NSC ..

sheep GIF

:lolol:

Yet one of those sheep is Ivan Lyons - following any Tory leader.

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Indeed. I have carefully avoided referring to him by his second name (his first is Kerfuffle or something) for years.

Never invest a troll/gimp with anything that acknowledges a degree of humanity.

The Star, in its attitude to Johnson, sounds like my cat and its attitude when it encounters another cat - not sure whether to worship it, kill it or f*** it.

The Star have been referring to him as Bozo/Bozo the Clown for a while.

I see the front pages occasionally.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Johnson did what Johnson habitually does... run from consequences. Remember......

and no doubt there are more. The man is cowardly, totally unfit to associate himself with his hero Churchill

Where is @MouldyBoots when you want her/him to defend the indefensible?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's astonishing that we've 'progressed' from a liar, cheat and charlatan...to a lettuce....and to a fraud like Sunak, in such as short space of time, yet there are still people that would vote this lot in, again.
There must be something in the water, 'cause folk aren't really that mad.....are they?
Raw sewage, thanks to these ****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here