Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson is on Holiday

If you were PM just now, would you go on holiday ?

• Yes

Votes: 77 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 142 64.8%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m no fan of Boris but he’s in Scotland so can get back sharpish if needs be. Mountain out of a molehill making a big hoo ha out of it imo but more ammunition for those who think he can do no right I guess :shrug:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
There is the potential he is still suffering with post covid symptoms and the R&R is needed. It seems with some people recovery isn't that quick.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, yes I would if my team, who I picked, were as shit as they appear to be and I needed time to think about how to fix the problem

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably being treated for his alcoholism.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You’re talking about a man who missed 5 cobra meetings in the build up to us taking action with Covid.
A man who goes to the countryside at the weekends. He will absolutely turn his phone off. The mans a buffoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a matter of interest, as you criticise him for not attending meetings, it would help if you could inform us as to the agenda of the meetings, and whether he was actually there or not, and whether his attendance was necessary. I have no idea, as I cold not possibly know, but clearly you must have this info to hand to come to a negative conclusion. Similarly, on what do you base your statement that he will be totally out of contact?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Many fall for the £5 static van holiday breaks from The Sun. Dom should have booked him the Great Yarmouth site to be amongst his voter base rather than Scotland. Blonde haired bungle****.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No.

I've spent most of the year trying to keep our business going and to protect jobs. I've actually taken today off and will be off until Monday. They are the only holidays I've had.

I rather think my duty is towards protecting jobs. He should too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm told Barnard Castle is really nice this time of year.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Everyone deserves a holiday. However, a few points:
1. Timing is important - maybe he didn’t foresee the exams cock-up that was predicted to happen - Gavin Williamson apparently didn’t!!! However how would BJ’s presence have improved anything? He’d almost certainly have blathered/blustered as usual to no effect.
2. IMO BJ doesn’t really do anything significant - DC probably required him to holiday so he couldn’t muck anything else up for a few weeks and he(DC) could get on with running the country.
I’m afraid I’m losing track of the number of unbelievable things that are happening. The coronation of Dido to lead the body that will replace Public Health England. The same Dido who left Talk Talk in a mess and has led the world-beating track and trace system we have and is the wife of a Tory MP who wants to privatise the NHS. I don’t think it’s the same Dido who sang Thank You/White Flag etc though.

So Yes he may as well go on holiday because things can’t get much worse - can they?

Edit - just realised I misread the question - apologies - not really about BJ at all- ignore my answer(but I stand by the content)

I

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BJ has been 'on holiday' since the day he was born.

How anyone believed he had their best interests at heart is way way beyond my comprehension.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Just see this country going from crisis to crisis at the moment and still got Brexit to add to the list. So makes no difference if now or later.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As someone posted on Twitter: Boris’s Govt had 5 months to formulate one strategy/policy to prepare for COVID exam contingency. They now have 4 months to finalise Britain’s orderly Withdrawal from the EU for those trifling areas such as fisheries, agriculture, immigration and the Northern Ireland question...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here