Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson is on Holiday

If you were PM just now, would you go on holiday ?

• Yes

Votes: 77 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 142 64.8%

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He's a part-time Prime Minister. As mentioned, he swerved 5 fairly crucial COBRA meetings in the run-up to the fiasco of their handling of Covid-19. Now the A-level grading scandal has hit the fan, he's predictably AWOL again, leaving his feeble cabinet and education minister to attempt to bullshit and deflect their way through this catastrophic mess they created.

He'll merrily breeze back into No10 and say "So. Anything much happened while I was away then ?"

NSC Royalty has spoken, thread over, the Uber are here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Another thread to give ammunition to the Govt/PM haters

Very simple question. If you had his responsibilities, and the briefs he gets on a daily basis which he should read, in order to make informed decisions which really effect real peoples LIVES, (in the proper sense of the word) would you go on holiday to Scotland for a week ?

I don't know you from Adam, maybe you would ? I know I wouldn't

Hence yes or no :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't have a real problem with him having a holiday. Everybody needs to recharge the batteries. He has had quote a busy last 12 months.

I reckon he would be contactable in an emergency. Can't imagine he just sticks an out of office reply on the email and buggers of without being contactable.

Gavin Williamson could always step up if needed ???

Boris reminds me of one of the women in our office - She had been Furloughed for 4 months and was due to come back to the office on 1st August and she rang up sick saying she had a cold sore.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
how would we notice?

in this day, with transport and communications, dont think it makes much difference if the PM is in London of Scotland.

This.
Even if, as one post said, he turns his phone off, there will be plenty of people around him who can keep him in touch.

Despite that, a leader should be seen to lead and it's awful timing to clear off at this time.

Even here, with Malta getting removed from open travel lists by several countries, our PM is off on his PRIVATE YACHT !(Wonder how that was paid for) Gets his deputy PM to announce the latest restrictions and answer questions.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
To be honest we are better off without the mendacious sperm-spraying clown in Downing Street, so any break is more than welcome. It can only be a matter of time before he drowns in a car park puddle. The sooner the better - it is beyond any doubt that he is unfit for the job and the worst holder of this great office that we've ever had.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
To be honest we are better off without the mendacious sperm-spraying clown in Downing Street, so any break is more than welcome. It can only be a matter of time before he drowns in a car park puddle. The sooner the better - it is beyond any doubt that he is unfit for the job and the worst holder of this great office that we've ever had.

Now THAT IS a post and a half.

Angst, vitriol and eloquence.

Keep it up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And probably wanted 2 weeks holiday straight away.

I would have sacked her on the spot, if I had the final say on the matter as her sickness record isn't the best

I am always really sympathetic to ailments of staff because you can't help it if you truly have an illness. Especially with Covid-19 going around but when she said a ''Cold Sore'' - I just thought ''get yourself in or don't bother coming back''

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Camping in Scotland with a four month old baby? Ok!

Well it it gets him closer to the mother of his child rather than his more recent dinner companion, it'll be well worth while :thumbsup:

I get a strange sense of Déjà vu :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pms are never on holiday until they’ve retired and are on the book tour

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I had to look up the word ''mendacious'' - I must try and use it in some context soon. I like the word

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very simple question. If you had his responsibilities, and the briefs he gets on a daily basis which he should read, in order to make informed decisions which really effect real peoples LIVES, (in the proper sense of the word) would you go on holiday to Scotland for a week ?

I don't know you from Adam, maybe you would ? I know I wouldn't

Hence yes or no :shrug:

A simple question - take Johnson out of the question - did anyone complain when Blair or Cameron went on holiday ( which they did ) ? Like it or not, being PM is a job and I think they should have holidays as anyone with a job does.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A simple question - take Johnson out of the question - did anyone complain when Blair or Camer
on went on holiday ( which they did ) ? Like it or not, being PM is a job and I think they should have holidays as anyone with a job does.

You're absolutely right,But they hadn't just overseen the highest death rate in the whole of Europe or the biggest economic crash in the whole of Europe. It's simple, if that's what you think just vote yes :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well it it gets him closer to the mother of his child rather than his more recent dinner companion, it'll be well worth while :thumbsup:

I get a strange sense of Déjà vu :lolol:

There were some who questioned his holiday in Kent when he went into hiding, during the floods in February. Some suggested it was to hide a black eye, but I couldn’t possibly say if that was right or wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here