Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Jackson

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Also, on the subject of Charlton, I head Dennis Wise has already been lined up to replace Powell in the Summer. This was after about his second game in charge, so not a reactionary rumour.

Wise has been in the frame ever since his best mate Tony Jiminez took over the club on New Year's Eve. However, the latest rumour is that Jeff Vetere (currently head scout at Villa, and another member like Wise and Jiminez of the 'cockney mafia' that messed up Newcastle) will be coming in as Director of Football at some point this week, so if Powell is replaced I suspect it will more likely be by Vetere rather than Wise.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't know about the truth of the rumour but Johnny Jackson would be terrific signing for Brighton, just for the name alone

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Left mid and Left back are useful positions to have a squad player with our current line-up. If he plays CM too as I seem to remember then think he could replace Sparrow and Tanno in the squad next season for a single spot on the bench. Sparrow is often first midfielder to fill in if someone is injured/suspended and Tanno seems similar for full backs so could see Jackson getting alot of minutes.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
UPDATE: Johnnie Jackson confirmed on Twitter earlier today that he still has another year left on his contract, so isn't a free agent in July like people thought. He has also told several Charlton fans in recent weeks that he has no interest in signing for Brighton, partly due to the length of commute from his Essex home (the reason he says he left Notts County after one season). Whether the latter is true or not, the contract situation means he will command a fee, and I imagine we'd want something like £500k, so you may find better/cheaper options elsewhere...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
UPDATE: Johnnie Jackson confirmed on Twitter earlier today that he still has another year left on his contract, so isn't a free agent in July like people thought. He has also told several Charlton fans in recent weeks that he has no interest in signing for Brighton, partly due to the length of commute from his Essex home (the reason he says he left Notts County after one season). Whether the latter is true or not, the contract situation means he will command a fee, and I imagine we'd want something like £500k, so you may find better/cheaper options elsewhere...

The man needs to man up. Does he want to play for a decent club or does he want to hold onto his Essex residence?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Hmmm, just about anywhere in Essex or Brighton ? Now that's a difficult choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here