Johnny Jackson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Are you pleased with the appointment of Powell fataddick ?

I will reserve judgement until November, give him the chance to build a squad in the summer and a couple of months for them to gel. There seems a knee-jerk 'sack him' campaign amongst many Charlton fans, as there was with Parkinson. Sacking Parky was a mistake, sacking Powell would also be. I don't think we'd be going up (or down) this season with either of them. We need to give Powell the chance to build a squad/style of play in his own image, like you did with Poyet. But if we're in the bottom six on bonfire night THEN he has to go...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Why is it that every time somebody scores against us they immediately become a player that we should sign,fair comment Johnny Jackson scored against us in December,when will Hoskins scored against us for Bristol rovers everybody said we should sign him then last week Ben marshall scored & the same thing happened.It a good job we have had a good defence this season
or we could have started next season with 70 players

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
My two saving graces from today were (a) I slept through my alarm and didn't wake up until 2pm, could have made it for the second half but chose to go back to bed instead, and (b) Brentford's last minute goal keeps us top of the league. The league of most league games since a goalless draw, that is (72 now I think). We are top of the league! etc etc

As for JJ, a great player at this level, but if you are looking to spend and challenge at the top end of the Championship next season (as I assume you are) probably a squad player at best.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Pleased to hear this. Very talented player with a lot of higher level experience that can also take penalties. Like mentioned by others, he appears to be a similar player to Sparrow. I reckon he'd fit right into our setup.

A player with higher level experience? - would that be the 20 odd appearances he had for Spurs? Or the same for Watford in the Championship? Wow, for a 28 year old, that's amazing.

He's scored a few penalties though, so let's sign him up pronto.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not sure why we would sign him tbh, a good player without doubt, but if we go up, surely our budget would allow us to sign some proven Championship players?

Last edited:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Jackson is a pretty good player. I'd take him over Dicker and Sparrow if it came to it.

Also, on the subject of Charlton, I head Dennis Wise has already been lined up to replace Powell in the Summer. This was after about his second game in charge, so not a reactionary rumour.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Jackson is a pretty good player. I'd take him over Dicker and Sparrow if it came to it.

Also, on the subject of Charlton, I head Dennis Wise has already been lined up to replace Powell in the Summer. This was after about his second game in charge, so not a reactionary rumour.

I would definitely not head Dennis Wise.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Thats my thought,how many goals from open play and does he have Championship experience,its essentail we now only look at players with this experience, we have enough who have to raise their game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports