Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Lewis Christmas ad 2016

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm 99% certain that JL have purposefully drawn a parallel with the US election.

The little girl is Hilary Clinton, she has spent her entire youth bouncing, she practices all day everyday on her bed, with Donald Trump watching confused from the sidelines.

Her father builds her the perfect platform to showcase her talents, and on the very day she is due to realise her dreams, the dog nips in at the last second and bounds around like a buffoon, with absolutely no style or capability, just sheer impulse.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it? :)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Also, 9:00pm, channel 4. M&S Christmas ad 'launches', likely to universal derision.

This year will be about the lady behind the big man.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Of course there is also the very good point that 'stopfundinghate' make about how these Christmas ads promote friendship, equality and peace among men. Only for Christmas mind because after Christmas these same companies go and buy ad space in papers like the Daily Mail and The Sun etc. who, of course, are well known for their acceptance of all faiths and cultures.

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/stop-funding-hate-brandjamming-john-lewis-christmas-campaign/

Their video is slightly too long but the message is clear.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.png
The yanks have bigger animals on its trampolines

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Love it or hate it, the advert has already done its job WITH APLOMB.

There was never a plomb in that ad, never! Now if you look at last year's ad there were at least a couple of plombs in that, behind the moon shot, between it and the sun.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
There are some mean-spirited Scrooges taking things far too seriously on this thread.
I love the ad, it makes me smile every time I see it.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Well, at a time when my life is falling to bits because my partner has turned out to be a lying, cheating bitch...

...the advert is the one thing to put a smile on my face in the last week.

Well, that and Grant Hanley's header for the Jocks on Friday - hilariously bad!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There are some mean-spirited Scrooges taking things far too seriously on this thread.
I love the ad, it makes me smile every time I see it.

I have only seen it today,i must have been on another planet,in short i like it..

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Has anyone seen the Waitrose Christmas advert (sorry if already posted).

Now that *is* good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here