Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Lewis Christmas ad 2016

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would have been better (not to mention a bit more realistic) if the family had come out in the morning only to find the trampoline covered in fox and badger shit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great ad. Not sure how it warrants criticism but heyho.

Just watched it for the second time and it's grown on me a bit. JL has a slight problem in that the bar has been raised so high, not just by itself (apart from that man on the moon thing last year) and others who have jumped on the bandwagon. That's probably where some of the negativity comes from.

And on that note – and the realisation that I'm getting FAR too involved in a discussion about a television advert – I'm out :facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Uni student's fake ad was WAY better, simpler, more heartfelt and more on-message.

John Lewis and their hotshot advertising agency will be WELL disappointed with that lacklustre effort :xmas:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Love it or hate it, the advert has already done its job WITH APLOMB.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was going to write a five page dissertation on the effect of commercalism on the traditional Christmas , and how the TV ads are a harbinger of doom for families at this time of the year, but, after seeing that,I'm off to John Lewis to do my Christmas shopping.

Merry Christmas,one and all

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a bunch of miseries. I thought it was absolutely wonderful

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Don't they know that Badgers have got razor sharp claws. It would have ripped the trampoline to shreds. Also all those animals and not one frozen Yuletide log on the lawn for the kid to tread in.

John Lewis, do your homework. Need to raise your game!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
First time I have seen it and I laughed out loud, especially at the dog.

Not as much as I laughed last year when I saw Whitehawk on the advert. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The best thing about a John Lewis Christmas ad is the accompanying parody video that usually follows...

Warning: contains fruity language.

Brilliant :lol: Exactly my humour.

I like the actual one too btw. Kind of feel sorry for them as it's become such a big thing and there's always people who say it's shit every year whatever they produce...

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The Boxer lives locally to us and despite the press briefings putting out a false trail about where it is based, it is already being doorstepped by the press!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm amazed many people still watch adverts nowadays. Can't remember the last time I watched a non-football match programme live. Therefore I always fast forwards the ads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here