Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Lewis Christmas ad 2016

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actively avoid adverts on the tellybox, I'm a notorious flicker. I don't really "get" people looking out for ads. One of my mates wives on FB practically CREAMS herself when the christmas Coke ad appears.

:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The price of puppies will be soaring now.

And they'll all be at the bottom of canals in brick weighted sacks come March.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like it, not as sentimental as in previous years and I think that's because they chose the wrong type of dog. They should have gone with a labrador puppy.

8/10

The snowman was a 10/10, the bear and the hare a 10/10, the penguins a solid 9, and the man on the moon an 8. They are sliding.

I'd agree that snowman was the high water mark for JL Xmas ads. I'd put both hare/penguins at a 9 and moon at around 6, which makes this something of a return to form.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Of the adverts that are currently out I'd say that only John Lewis and Very have hit the mark.

That Argos on with the weird coloured monsters on skates is execrable. The Tesco one I linked on Page 1 is even worse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a fan of the John Lewis one, I'm afraid, although marketing-wise it's worked a treat.

I like this one for the pure sillyness:

And this one for the soundtrack:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I actively avoid adverts on the tellybox, I'm a notorious flicker. I don't really "get" people looking out for ads. One of my mates wives on FB practically CREAMS herself when the christmas Coke ad appears.

:shrug:

Let me know her address and when your mate is out I will stand outside the house singing 'holidays are coming, holidays are coming.... '

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not to mention frozen hedgehogs, who should be hibernating. Aside from that, I like it.

That's a very good point , the hedgehog in the advert must have been paid a huge sum of mashed up bread and milk to stay awake that long through a John Lewis advert .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's a very good point , the hedgehog in the advert must have been paid a huge sum of mashed up bread and milk to stay awake that long through a John Lewis advert .

Bread and milk is very bad for hedgehogs.

Leave out dog food for them, please :thumbsup:

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Over to you Sainsbury's!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm indifferent about the ad, but I will say the best version of 'One Day I'll Fly Away' is the original version by Randy Crawford. Broad daylight comes second. Part of the tune is an (uncredited) interpolation of Tchaikovsky's 'Waltz of the Flowers'. So there.

[yt]tH2rgPqi8Ag[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here