Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Summoned to court by Jeremy Vine, and just decided to post the letter with his address on. Moron.
Just been reading about this. Apparently the letter advised against posting it on social media as it would add to the harassment case. So he went and posted it. What a clown.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No way he’s living in a £350k house in Widnes ..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No way he’s living in a £350k house in Widnes ..
If you Google the court case where he got sent to jail you’ll see he’s referred to as “Joey Barton of Foxbank Close, Widnes, Cheshire”. It would seem he’s owned it for some time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He posted a document from Jeremy Vines’ solicitor but didn’t blank out his address on the other page.
Have Pickfords arrived yet? What about the 1000 copies of the Koran I ordered him?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you Google the court case where he got sent to jail you’ll see he’s referred to as “Joey Barton of Foxbank Close, Widnes, Cheshire”. It would seem he’s owned it for some time.
Street view shows the wrong house - the other one is more realistic , but what a shithole if thats a £350k house, it’d be £1M+ here

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
To be fair this was probably the best defence he could have come up with.

Evidence that he's so stupid that he's not responsible for his own actions. Case thrown out for diminished responsibility.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-disgusting-attempt-to-silence-joey-barton/

interesting viewpoint about free speech and his right to give his opinion
Is 'to silence' the new 'to cancel', then?

I don't think anyone is trying to do either. He's obviously entitled to his views and there are a certain section of society who agree with him. The difference is, the extremity and continual bombardment of the same point(s) leads people to react. And when there are more people opposed to what he is saying, there are going to be more comments calling it out.

IMO, there's an imaginary world in some people's minds where people get 'cancelled' or 'silenced. In reality, no-one really does. You only need to look at social media and you'll find a post stating 'You can't say anything anymore...' shortly followed by countless posts from people saying whatever the fack they like – including Barton. I'm bored of him and his extreme ranting, if I'm honest, so I guess I've effectively 'cancelled' him in my mind anyway. But will he ACTUALLY be stopped from being an public opinionated berk? Not a chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did he post it on X previously known as Twatter?
Apparently so. Not seen it but read this in the news. It seems it's his real address as when he has been in court they have referred to him as living at this location. What a wally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is 'to silence' the new 'to cancel', then?

I don't think anyone is trying to do either. He's obviously entitled to his views and there are a certain section of society who agree with him. The difference is, the extremity and continual bombardment of the same point(s) leads people to react. And when there are more people opposed to what he is saying, there are going to be more comments calling it out.

IMO, there's an imaginary world in some people's minds where people get 'cancelled' or 'silenced. In reality, no-one really does. You only need to look at social media and you'll find a post stating 'You can't say anything anymore...' shortly followed by countless posts from people saying whatever the fack they like – including Barton. I'm bored of him and his extreme ranting, if I'm honest, so I guess I've effectively 'cancelled' him in my mind anyway. But will he ACTUALLY be stopped from being an public opinionated berk? Not a chance.
So true.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-disgusting-attempt-to-silence-joey-barton/

interesting viewpoint about free speech and his right to give his opinion
He's repeatedly thanked Elon Musk for allowing him to give his opinion. He's literally trying to stop women giving theirs.

Opinion is fine. Defaming, libelling and harassing people will see you in court. Always has done and, hopefully, always will.

Joey might post about 'deep pockets' but he's probably one more case away from losing that house in Widnes. When he does, it will be his fault and not some conspiracy motivated elite he thinks exists.

He's too thick to understand the law and too thick to understand medicine. If he wants women pundits off the football then maybe the massive hypocrite should stop posting about Covid and the law?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Apparently so. Not seen it but read this in the news. It seems it's his real address as when he has been in court they have referred to him as living at this location. What a wally.
The bloke is a back to front but then X is polluted with idiots who do nothing else in life but retweet or copy the very shit that ****s like Barton want you to hear, I’m not sure who’s worse?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The bloke is a back to front but then X is polluted with idiots who do nothing else in life but retweet or copy the very shit that ****s like Barton want you to hear, I’m not sure who’s worse?
I use Facebook and Insta mainly to follow things I am interested in, especially small bands, bars, cafes and restaurants etc as this is often all they have to spread their message. Both these seem okay as you only get their content, and I actually feel these 'add' to my life . Twitter does seem quite a different animal though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here