Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joey Barton

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Given some of the more recent tweets, I suspect it will end in a libel court.

It might be happening sooner than you think.

Also in the Guardian.

Edit: also in the Times and LBC. It's everywhere, with 'minister vows to act' etc, so it's going to happen.
We needed some entertainment during the winter break.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1704798755342.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704798755342.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 68

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It might be happening sooner than you think.

Also in the Guardian.

Edit: also in the Times and LBC. It's everywhere, with 'minister vows to act' etc, so it's going to happen.
We needed some entertainment during the winter break.
Amazing how quick the government (or maybe politicians in general) can get things done at high speed when they really put their minds to it...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The replies to this :lolol:

Edgy Joey (who this morning tweeted the Sports Minister to call him a c**t) sent out a plea to vote, unaware that his echo chamber consists almost solely of Reform Party bigots and thick-as-whale-spunk conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is controlled by a lodge agreement.

In his head he was going to be a working class Farage. He’s heading for Pound Shop David Icke.

:lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
For me, this is it. He's currently nothing more than a grifter.

Sometimes it's just a case of Occam's Razor - things can be kept as simple as possible. If a child walks into a hospital with a saucepan stuck on their head, we don't need to employ someone to wear a saucepan on their head to identify with how the child is feeling. Likening it to a mental health issue is doing a tremendous disservice to those who struggle with mental health issues, but don't feel the need or have the desire to act like Barton does. If everything is mental health, nothing is mental health.

The only bit I'd possibly swap would be changing 'thick' for 'calculating and manipulative'. Barton's clever in as much as he knows what he's doing is creating a space for himself in media, albeit a highly divisive one that few would wish to willingly populate. For him and for many like him, the Wildean quote rings true - the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. And for talking, read clicks, likes, views, eyeballs, retweets, reposts and comments. 19 pages and counting on NSC might suggest that he's winning.

Truth is worth defending at all costs and it wouldn't be uncaring or vindictive to want to see him reap the consequences of his actions by facing legal action for at least one of his recent posts. At the risk of making him a martyr, that might be a future deterrent to both him and others who may be emboldened and see him as an example to follow. And it may just be the medicine that he needs to take for his future health, mental or otherwise.
My bold. This.

Out of respect for those who do suffer a genuine mental illness, let's not throw a racist, mysonigistic attention seeker a "Mental health Get out of Jail Free"card.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The replies to this :lolol:

Edgy Joey (who this morning tweeted the Sports Minister to call him a c**t) sent out a plea to vote, unaware that his echo chamber consists almost solely of Reform Party bigots and thick-as-whale-spunk conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is controlled by a lodge agreement.

In his head he was going to be a working class Farage. He’s heading for Pound Shop David Icke.

Joey doesn't seem to actually suggest who they should be voting for, to ;show them they work for us'.

I'm really hoping he doesn't come out in support of Labour - the press will dig up enough mud to throw at Starmer, without having this prick's 'support', as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Joey doesn't seem to actually suggest who they should be voting for, to ;show them they work for us'.

I'm really hoping he doesn't come out in support of Labour - the press will dig up enough mud to throw at Starmer, without having this prick's 'support', as well.
No, I'm very much suspecting Reform / Lozza Fox.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The absolute F*cking idiot that he is, has just leaked his address to everyone, which is very funny. I have already sent a request for some mormons to head round.

How did he do this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The absolute F*cking idiot that he is, has just leaked his address to everyone, which is very funny. I have already sent a request for some mormons to head round.
Care to share? I feel a Pizza delivery coming on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here