Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole spotted at the Amex

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In that Mirror article there is a poll, with 72% saying Yes he's finished as a Prem player. I could actually see this signing happening, if Bridge, Upson and Vicente have come here then so could Cole.

Joe Cole would be loved here, especially after the largely flair-free season we're having in 2013/14. He wouldn't even have to move, he could sit there with Stephens and Ince doing his legwork while he sprayed the ball about.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We were linked earlier this year, then he turns up at a match. I think there could be something in it. Of course it could depend on promotion.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
If we signed Vicente with a far worse squad and a half built stadium, I'm sure we could get cole now that we attract 26k every week And made the play offs twice in a row....

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would love Joe Cole at the Albion. Not only will people come to see him, they might even stay till 85 minutes at least.

Seriously, I would love him here.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can confirm that Joe Cole was there last night with his agent,also Frank Lampard was there with his agent and so was Zola,we were informed of all these 3 attendees at our briefing last night.

Frank was there with his agent? Well he's as good as signed as well then. Did anyone spot John Terry, Ashley Cole or Didier Drogba by any chance?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Is he any good any more though?

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that he loves the game and Brighton would just suit him down to the ground, bringing out the best of him. I would like to think he would be a folk hero in the way that Vicente was.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Frank was there with his agent? Well he's as good as signed as well then. Did anyone spot John Terry, Ashley Cole or Didier Drogba by any chance?

I spotted Gareth Bale, or at least I think it was. I saw big ears. I hear he's disgruntled in Madrid, he's fed up with the Spanish accent and Ronaldo's gel flicking into his eyes.

It could have been Linekar though, so don't quote me on the name.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I saw Ronaldo buying himself a tea and some chips.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I can see this happening, at this stage of his career playing for a team that suits his family life and style of play is far more important than maximising income - as it is for Upson.
Same age as me, my favourite English player, very excited about this...

Stumpy Tim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here