Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole spotted at the Amex

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would bloody love this if it happened. Always seems like a very well grounded lad, would suit our style of football, and I just like him very much. Would be perfect for the style of football Oscar likes to play as well.
Same here mate, does sound plausible or is it wishful thinking ?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Joe Cole was there last night - saw him myself too.

No pics though, I said Joe leave it out I'm trying to watch the game

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's a sensible assumption based on the fact we lost out on Conway due to wages. Most likely Cole would command more because of his ability, what makes you think we can afford him?

but Conway isn't Cole, you don't know how much further the management would go for a player of this substantial calibre, and you don't know how low Cole would go to find a game in a squad that suits him. he obviously isn't going to get the sort of money he's used to, he might rather take less money to play.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
A lot off players would have sat on the bench on 100k at Liverpool but joe decided to go to France , learn a new language, learn a new culture and uproot his family to play football .

your clueless then . If u told joe he wouldn't get paid again he would still play football, unlike 95% of footballers.

Probably because he's already a multi millionaire from playing......................................Football.

If he was a bang average League 1 player and you told him he wouldn't get paid, what do you think he'd do.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
your clueless then . If u told joe he wouldn't get paid again he would still play football, unlike 95% of footballers.

Balls, the vast majority of players would be playing park football, and obviously stated in the streets and parks, (like thousands of other up and down the country) if they were not good enough to get paid for it.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
What I'm trying to say is if you said u have two choices u can retire or you can go and play for brighton for nothing then joe will be at the Amex.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
What I'm trying to say is if you said u have two choices u can retire or you can go and play for brighton for nothing then joe will be at the Amex.

Interesting thought... but given those aren't his only options, perhaps wishful thinking still.

Having earned at the level he has, "retirement" means "do whatever the f*ck you like" - given he loves that game so much, he could just as easily go and coach a local youth team and get his football kicks from that, given money is no object! Why would playing for us be the only option that keeps him in the game (and out of the US).

In support of the guy who has started the thread Joe Cole was at the Amex. Was speaking to some bloke on the train and he had a picture with him.

What was the picture of? I always have with me on my driving licence.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Interesting thought... but given those aren't his only options, perhaps wishful thinking still.

Having earned at the level he has, "retirement" means "do whatever the f*ck you like" - given he loves that game so much, he could just as easily go and coach a local youth team and get his football kicks from that, given money is no object! Why would playing for us be the only option that keeps him in the game (and out of the US).

Plenty of time for that, from what I've read he's not bothered about the money but still wants to play at highest level he can

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Joe cole is one of a minority who doesn't play the game for money .

Agree with this - but he's also one of the only ones who loves the game so much he could have been there just to watch the match.

Would love us to sign him, top bloke who reminds me of the times before all footballers were considered just mercenary idiots.

Dec 29, 2011

Coaching at amateur youth level hard compares to playing in front of 30,000 people with them all singing your name

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No doubt we are going to be linked with all sorts of players over the close season especially if they are sighted within 50 miles of The Amex. On the other hand we do need a player with that 'x' factor who might just do something less predictable.

Joe Cole might have looked at how well his ex-Hammer and England mate Matt Upson has done with us, playing very decent football at the top of the Championship while being at a Club that is in the ascendant. Their distinguished Premier League careers may be behind them but Cole might just be happy to do a job for us when he might otherwise take the big bucks and go to the MLS or warm the bench for Harry at QPR.

My only concern would be that Cole is a bit injury prone, and whether we should invest a chunk of our of budget in another talented but ageing player. Cole could also be an interesting talent to have around the youngsters at the new training complex.

Lots of 'mights' in amongst that, so we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here