Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole needs a reality check

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if he has a decent WC, I can see him ending up at Real madrid

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Cannot see him commanding that salary anywhere but that shortfall will no doubt be plugged by a rather spectacular signing on fee!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
speaking of reality check, who says he's asking 120k? did he state that or is it media speculation? im inclined to believe he's more interested in regular first team football and he knows he doesnt fit the Chelsea style, so time to move. his agent will try to get as good a deal as the market allows, f*** all the bollocks about the "real world", that is the reality of top end sportsman.

FFS.....i'll say it again. He has turned down the contract offered, because he wants parity with Terry and Lampard. They are both on approx £ 120,00 a week . Chelsea offered approx £90,00.
Read the papers or watch the news!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the wages have to be viewed in light of the free transfer. He'd normally cost £25million on the open market but his signing-on fee will be a quarter of this.

Every other Top 5 club would love to have him - Wenger, Fergie and Redknapp are all admirers. The bottom line is if Fergie wants him he goes to Man Utd - it's a no-brainer, especially with old West Ham and England pals Rio and Carrick already there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Read the papers or watch the news!

oh i see! because everything reported is the complete truth and always from credible, cited sources, never repeated uncheck from a single speculating journo with copy to file.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because the greedy sod was injured for best part of a year and was still trousering £80,000 a week while not playing, and when he did come back he was shit,he owes chelsea imo.
I'd find myself agreeing with you yet again if I didn't find it all so frightfully funny. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here