Joe Cole needs a reality check

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Leaving Chelsea because he wants parity with the highest earners at the club....he is on £90,000 a week for christs sake. How much money do you need?

In todays economy, and with whats coming in the next few years for us lot, its a total disgrace that he thinks he can hold out for even more obscene money than he is already earning for running and kicking a football.

Who is actually going to pay him £120,000 a week (which is what he's after). Arsenal certainly wont, Spurs wont either. So what EXACTLY is this about ?
Clubs in the Premiership just are not going to carry on paying these type of wages.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
His agent wouldn't have stopped negotiating with Chelsea if he didn't have a club lined up.

Whoever gets him won't have to pay a transfer fee, so they can justify crazy wages.

There's talk of Arsenal, but then there's always Man City...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't blame him for getting all he can. Doesn't make it right though.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
He's not going to earn that money for ever, may as well try and make the most of it. And maybe he wants regular football as well.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Maybe he had already decided to leave Chelsea so, like others have said, he can acctually play 90mins every week.

No harm in asking for £120k a week if your not bothered about the response is there?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've always had a lot of time for Joe Cole - but when people like him &/or his agent start demanding such ludicrous amounts of money (& they'll be clubs who'll cheerfully pay it!), well, the game I love really has gone to Hell in a sodding handcart.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see what he's done wrong. If you're playing hardball in any negotiations, you have to be ready to have your bluff called. It was called by Abramovich, Cole was ready to leave anyway, and backed himself to get a decent club and big money elsewhere, which he now will.

No harm in asking, they can only say no. Unless we're making Joe Cole individually responsible for football's crazy wages. Which would be harsh.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thing is every player at his age will try to get as much money per week as everyone else, so why does he need to say "no I want 1/4 of that because the fans think we get paid too much anyway!" wake up everyone, its the world we live in....if he wants 60k per week then good for him....you'd do the same!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If the reason he has left is because he wants a rise on £90,000 a week, then he certainly goes down massively in my estimations.

I struggle to believe anybody is that greedy though and the reason is because he wants a change/starting every game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
He is pretty stupid. Like most high-end footballers, he probably has no idea of what is happening in the 'real world'.

I think that, bearing in mind all the work Joe Cole does with his local community, he is one of the footballers who actually DOES have an idea of what goes on in the real world.

A story with a straplne involving outrageous money demands will always be preferable over one involving a player's desire to actually play.

I really like Joe Cole - he has been unlucky with his injury and deserves a decent move if Chelsea don't want him.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe, he wants to get the money that a world class english player should be on playing in this country?

Should they be on £6 million a year? Because in my opinion, that is ludicrous money, especially if half of the time you are sat on the bench.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Should they be on £6 million a year? Because in my opinion, that is ludicrous money, especially if half of the time you are sat on the bench.

Probably not, but he should be one of the top earners in the Premiership - and he should play a lot more football than he gets at Chelsea, there is no way that his talent should be wasted warming a bench.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He'll end up at Spurs .. you heard it here 1,345th ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports