Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole coming to Brighton in the summer?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I love the way a lot people on here always say these players like Joe Cole are crap or no thanks ha ha makes me laugh !
He is a quality player who would do well for Albion in the Championship should we not get promoted to the PL.
It's obvious to see how good he is but no one offers an explanation as to why they think he would be no good for Brighton.
Probably coz they know **** all about football.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How's he doing at West Ham, anyone know? I assume he was the unused Cole on the bench yesterday.

Quality player and saw an interview with him when he was in France and he came across as a really nice guy.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Anyone saying no thanks are deluded, Joe Cole would a quality signing for us, or any other club in the championship for that matter.
In the article it says he would need to take a big drop in wages.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
How's he doing at West Ham, anyone know? I assume he was the unused Cole on the bench yesterday.

Quality player and saw an interview with him when he was in France and he came across as a really nice guy.

Still gets the odd game and pops up with a goal or two. He can have shocking games but he's also capable of turning a game with his skill.

If Harry stays at QPR, i'd imagine he'd try very hard to sign him

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Will go to the US or Saudi. Why would he finish his career on 20k max a week in the championship when there will be the oil states or the likes of 'Becks' willing to offer him 4 times that? Look at the ridiculous contract Defoe has somehow got in Canada, madness.
He's coin operated, they all are.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Undecided on this one. Technically brilliant, but devoid of pace these days and terribly injury prone.

Where do those saying yes think he will play? I can't see him as a winger due to said lack of pace and nor would I want him out there. But I can see him at the front of that midfield triangle where JFC and Orlandi have played. May just be too much of luxury there though?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will go to the US or Saudi. Why would he finish his career on 20k max a week in the championship when there will be the oil states or the likes of 'Becks' willing to offer him 4 times that? Look at the ridiculous contract Defoe has somehow got in Canada, madness.
He's coin operated, they all are.

From the Mirror article.

The former Chelsea title-winner has also had offers to move to Major League Soccer but does not want to relocate his young family to the US , despite the offer of a far more lucrative deal.

It also says he's on 90k a week though so I would have thought there'd be no chance he'd come here for 15 a week max. And I'm not sure I'd want our top earner to be an injury prone midfielder, we're hardly lacking in that department.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not good enough for WH then not good enough for BHA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Begs the question why the hell are you on a football forum then?!?.

It's quite simple; one just follows Brighton. I'm the same. I follow the Albion and pay little to no attention to anything else which to me is just noise. In the past few years I have only watched a handful of games on TV (last year's CL final and a few non-England internationals) and no MOTDs or similar; they just don't interest me.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
You need to look at Wet Sham's style of football. Although "style" is possibly a misnomer........

Exactly - the thing we miss most is that creativity from central midfield. Orlandi would be great but we've seen so little of him this season.

Can't believe people wouldn't want him IF he actually wanted to come here...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here