Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would be a quality signing if true - liked what I saw of him playing in the PL last season. While he was previously linked with Newcastle, I’m wondering if the valuation will be lower now because he’s got 1 less year left on his contract.
Unfortunately not. He signed a new contract shortly after the summer transfer window closed and he knew he wasnt going to Newcastle.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Makes sense, we were definitely lacking a Brazillian. I’m just disappointed we didn’t get him from Fluminese in the first place - that Winstanley was shit!

Love all of the comments on Twitter from fans of random clubs - “well if Brighton are after him he must be good”. And Watford fans glad he’s joining us! It’s all a bit surreal! 😂

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Makes sense, we were definitely lacking a Brazillian. I’m just disappointed we didn’t get him from Fluminese in the first place - that Winstanley was shit!

Love all of the comments on Twitter from fans of random clubs - “well if Brighton are after him he must be good”. And Watford fans glad he’s joining us! It’s all a bit surreal! 😂

I spotted that, much praise for us in sourcing the cream and being the best place for players to develop.

With Benfica and Dortmund, just now we’ve got a great thing going.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fab seems to have a dreadful track record and to get most stuff wrong. That said I hope this one is true. Stopped clock twice a day and all that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I wonder if there was a clause in his contract he signed last summer regarding being allowed to leave at a certain price if they didn't get promoted.
I was just about to post this. Seems to be too big a coincidence that this news coincides with Watford being mathematically unable to get the play offs (Millwall play Blackburn on the final day so one side must get 66 points).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fab Rom transfer news is as fake as Jordan's tits.
Like, every one can see them [tits/tweets] but rarely do you get to actually handle the goods.

And, announcing like this is not the Brighton way - first we know about most new signings is when the newbie is photographed holding up a blue & white striped shirt with a big number on it ...

#believeitwhenithappens

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">EXCLUSIVE: Brighton are closing in on deal to sign Brazilian striker João Pedro from Watford. 🚨🔵🇧🇷 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BHAFC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#BHAFC</a><br><br>Understand there’s an agreement in principle, it’s set to be signed soon as club sources confirm.<br><br>Personal terms agreed, long term deal in place.<br><br>Here we go soon! <a href="https://t.co/lCMJnLrwdO">pic.twitter.com/lCMJnLrwdO</a></p>&mdash; Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="">April 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even if it's true I don't want to give that parasite the clicks. So in 1980s style I'll just wait and see and refresh ceefax every now and again.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
IF this is true, and IF he is joining us, this will surely be a big change in the TB strategy.
The lad (his agent), is bound to be able to demand a high wage and Watford a high fee - you would think his wages would be at least up there with the highest earners at the club, based on which other clubs would be in for him.
So IF this is true, then you would imagine that the player has been attracted by De Zerbi and the club structure and potential European football - and that it wouldn’t be all about wages?
IF true, a different type of signing for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here