Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely. The one thing of note he did was HUGE. That's a good sign. The rest of his play - well let's just say he had a bad day and not a lot came off. We are allowed to criticise players' performances even when we win despite NSC's unwritten rules ;)

Quite and seems far more prepared to put in a shift than Manu.

Lewington bullied Jiri quite a bit, though based on Karl Robinsons logic, Lewington probably should have been sent off after 20 mins.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A lot of players from abroad do have trouble Colunga certainly did, Holla has, long list really.
But Jiri, as has already been pointed out is a Czech international as as we know they are a very good side.
You don't get picked for them for no reason at all. I can see something in Skalak I didn't see in Hemed.
But Hemed has pulled through and has adapted his game, so all credit to the lad and well done him and boo to me for not believing he could do it.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I'm just wondering why as well, they kept it so quiet what he actually cost.
It could be because they paid a very large sum of money for him and if he didn't happen to work out for us then they might well become very
embarrassing for them the fans knowing how much cash they had effectively wasted on him.
It does happen, I'm sure it won't with Jiri though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm just wondering why as well, they kept it so quiet what he actually cost.

In case you hadn't noticed, the club virtually never discloses the fee paid for a player these days; there is nothing special about Skalak's transfer in that respect.

However, sources in the Czech Republic put the figure at 1.7million euros, which is about £1.28 million (at the prevailing exchange rate when the transfer went through).

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
In case you hadn't noticed, the club virtually never discloses the fee paid for a player these days; there is nothing special about Skalak's transfer in that respect.

However, sources in the Czech Republic put the figure at 1.7million euros, which is about £1.28 million (at the prevailing exchange rate when the transfer went through).

They tell us most players prices, take a look at the player profiles etc etc very few are kept as secret as his was. We know how much CMS was, Baldock, Hemed, Kayal, Greer, Walton, Stephens, etc etc etc

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They tell us most players prices, take a look at the player profiles etc etc very few are kept as secret as his was. We know how much CMS was, Baldock, Hemed, Kayal, Greer, Walton, Stephens, etc etc etc

You are talking absolute nonsense. The club didn't disclose the fee paid for ANY of the players you mention, and it certainly isn't included in the profiles on the official website.

Have you been drinking?

D

Deleted member 2719

No problem, I wasn't trying to dig you out, just there is a tendency for some on here to make statements of fact, which have little to back them up, then others appear to believe these statements are true! i.e. Brighton not scoring enough goals, when we are fourth highest scorers in division.

OK, I have looked at the analysis, but it seems like there byline percentage is only taken from the very wide positions, which as you say is 10%, however I was talking about any Crosses that get pulled back from around the byline that includes anything either side of the goal (whether your wide or not) these figures seem to show nearer 28% of assist. As a former full back I was always told never to let the winger get down the line as when he pulls it back it is so easy for forwards or midfielders to score as they would be running on to it and most goals were conceded like this.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The problem (akin to blooding young players ) is that managers ,CH included just cannot wait too long for players.I feel the guy,at this moment has shown nothing ,except two crosses at this moment (His commitment as compared to Manu is his saving grace )

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I like Skalak. People writing him off are the same people who did the same to Murphy after a couple of games.

The lad has moved over from a different country, is learning a new language and is having to adapt to a different style of football.

He will come good.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I like Skalak. People writing him off are the same people who did the same to Murphy after a couple of games.

The lad has moved over from a different country, is learning a new language and is having to adapt to a different style of football.

He will come good.

Yes, as you say, exactly the same as NSC judged Murphy to be not good enough after his first few performances.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He will come good.

I think so too. There is something there without a doubt but needs a bit of time to adapt - unfortunately we're in the main an impatient bunch

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think so too. There is something there without a doubt but needs a bit of time to adapt - unfortunately we're in the main an impatient bunch
Fortunately, it doesn't matter what NSC thinks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On the bench this evening for Czech Republic as is Greer for Scotland but no mention of Murphy who I thought was in the Scotland squad.

There was a list of players for each of the two games. Murphy was in the second squad list.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Skalak on for the second half

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
CeV77RzWwAAvYfN.jpg:large

Everest

Me