Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't see him getting a PL deal, think he will be off abroad somewhere.
Love JLingz, an absolute class act who has bought joy to all football fans, think you're right his appetite for the game seems a bit lost and he needs a new challenge. Think he will go to Turkey personally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
See ‘Danny Welbeck’.
Who ever suggested he wasn't good enough, he was a serial sicknote until we rebuilt him but he was always quality when fit on what I saw of him. Lingard looked f***ing useless in the bits I saw of him last season, if RDZ wants him then fair enough....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Love JLingz, an absolute class act who has bought joy to all football fans, think you're right his appetite for the game seems a bit lost and he needs a new challenge. Think he will go to Turkey personally.
They may have the only clubs who can afford his wages, there or the MLS, even Saudi or China maybe if it's one last really lucartive contract he is looking for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See post #425.

He is an excellent footballer but his mental health may mean that his career can't be resurrected.

Not a lot of people (including yourself) appear to know that :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who ever suggested he wasn't good enough, he was a serial sicknote until we rebuilt him but he was always quality when fit on what I saw of him. Lingard looked f***ing useless in the bits I saw of him last season, if RDZ wants him then fair enough....
Don't worry, he won't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well yes, you asked ‘what universe’ - the universe where RDZ believes he can unlock former potential. He may not of course, but it’s not out of the realms of possibility. Welbeck is a great come good story for us.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
They may have the only clubs who can afford his wages, there or the MLS, even Saudi or China maybe if it's one last really lucartive contract he is looking for.
I don't think China does those lucrative contracts anymore. The era of silly spending in the Chinese Super League has pretty much ended.

I wouldn't bet against him going to the MLS, either LA or Miami more for the sun and stars than for anything football related.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not true at all. Watford fans thought he was hopeless his last season with them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not true at all. Watford fans thought he was hopeless his last season with them.
Everything about that club was, when Welbeck was there, and is pretty hopeless in fairness and I doubt they had good things to say about many in that relegation season.

Obviously some on here really rate Lingard, I don't and don't expect us to show any interest in him at all. Happy to be wrong (actually I won't be happy I'll just accept that the club know much better than me :smile:)

He struck me as a dickhead when he was here on loan, and still does

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Everything about that club was, when Welbeck was there, and is pretty hopeless in fairness and I doubt they had good things to say about many in that relegation season.

Obviously some on here really rate Lingard, I don't and don't expect us to show any interest in him at all. Happy to be wrong (actually I won't be happy I'll just accept that the club know much better than me :smile:)

He struck me as a dickhead when he was here on loan, and still does
When he finds himself in a happy environment, like at West Ham when he shot them to their highest ever finish with 9 goals in 16 games he can be unplayable. The difficulty is clearly that the circumstances for that happy environment are quite specific. He has also shone on and off for MU and England.

I don’t think we’ll go in for him, but if there was an environment in the PL that could nurture and provide that happy place for him, it is probably us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here