Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Jessie Lingard

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
He does have that goal in the FA cup final (against some bang average team) to his credit. Just saying.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think China does those lucrative contracts anymore. The era of silly spending in the Chinese Super League has pretty much ended.

I wouldn't bet against him going to the MLS, either LA or Miami more for the sun and stars than for anything football related.

Well should it be Inter Miami he won't have his old mucker Phil Neville managing him, after the news that broke today.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Definitely would not do a job. Hard to tell what’s happened to Lingard, whether it’s the young English starlet who suddenly became a multi-millionaire and completely lost focus and interest in the game (David Bentley, Jack Rodwell) - or whether he simply wasn’t that good to begin with (Francis Jeffers).

Either way he’s not at the level we are now; could’ve done a job a few years back under Hughton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Definitely would not do a job. Hard to tell what’s happened to Lingard, whether it’s the young English starlet who suddenly became a multi-millionaire and completely lost focus and interest in the game (David Bentley, Jack Rodwell) - or whether he simply wasn’t that good to begin with (Francis Jeffers).

Either way he’s not at the level we are now; could’ve done a job a few years back under Hughton.
See post #425.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everything about that club was, when Welbeck was there, and is pretty hopeless in fairness and I doubt they had good things to say about many in that relegation season.

Obviously some on here really rate Lingard, I don't and don't expect us to show any interest in him at all. Happy to be wrong (actually I won't be happy I'll just accept that the club know much better than me :smile:)

He struck me as a dickhead when he was here on loan, and still does
You strike me as a dick head some times.

What exactly did he do?

See post #425.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You strike me as a dick head some times.

What exactly did he do?

See post #425.
Likewise

Please don’t play the mental health card on my comments about when he was here - he did not have the problem at that time, he just came across to me as thinking he was above such a tiny club. Is it OK with you that I can have an opinion that differs to yours wifhout resorting to abuse? You tend to do that quite often when people disagree with you.

Sometimes you can be a dick too, do you realise that?

Although I have been lucky enough not to have mental health problems I like to think I’d turn down obscene money if I was offered a job I was not up to as well.

Last edited:

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Was it just me who had no idea he’d only signed a 1-year deal with Forest? Given all the reports of his wage demands and how much they were prepared to pay him (over other more established PL clubs), I assumed he’d signed for at least 2 or 3 years there. Weird one all round.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Likewise

Please don’t play the mental health card on my comments about when he was here - he did not have the problem at that time, he just came across to me as thinking he was above such a tiny club. Is it OK with you that I can have an opinion that differs to yours wifhout resorting to abuse? You tend to do that quite often when people disagree with you.

Sometimes you can be a dick too, do you realise that?
Wow. You really are an old man, aren't you, with an old man attitude. I may have to put you on ignore :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Be a decent acquisition providing significant lowering of current wages
Yes, if it wasn't for the facts that he's both completely shit and on hugely wages, he'd be a shrewd signing.

Perhaps Chelsea will sign him as a squad player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play to him. I guess he grew out of his laddish days which perhaps masked a lot of his issues.
Indeed. We can all be a bit of an arse. But some of us can recognize our mistakes and wind our neck in. Even apologise.

Lingard seems to have fallen off a cliff this season though. I hope he's being looked after (and not by one of the peculiar women he's hooked up with, passim).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When he finds himself in a happy environment, like at West Ham when he shot them to their highest ever finish with 9 goals in 16 games he can be unplayable. The difficulty is clearly that the circumstances for that happy environment are quite specific. He has also shone on and off for MU and England.

I don’t think we’ll go in for him, but if there was an environment in the PL that could nurture and provide that happy place for him, it is probably us.
He started off well for West Ham but gradually became less and less effective. Most West Ham fans were delighted so see the back of him by the end of the season.

He's crap. No thanks.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think he could still do a job. Proved at West Ham that he can add value to a team at this level.

I get the impression that there's a lot of discipline and togetherness in our squad and I think he'd thrive with us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he could still do a job. Proved at West Ham that he can add value to a team at this level.

I get the impression that there's a lot of discipline and togetherness in our squad and I think he'd thrive with us.
I think a wage of 10 million plus a year may be a challenge on top of the big gamble as to whether he would fit in here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This thread is so pre season Albion on NSC, I’m waiting patiently for someone to mention Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes and Bamford could all do a job. I remember a poster a while ago saying he would rather have Barnes over Undav 😂🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here