Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair comment.

But that didn’t stop them putting Lallana on and then withdrawing him after 3 minutes with the same injury!

I think Sarmiento is a potential game changer, and needed to be on earlier, nothing wrong in that….. In terms of comparison to a ‘completely different human’ that is the only evidence I have to go on, and it has worked for Lamptey….

Question - would Sarmiento have come on but for Moder’s injury? I would say not….

Lallana got injured, had to come off. Completely irrelevant. Shit happens (more often in his case, obvs)
Agree Sarmiento is a potential game-changer, and we should use the rest of this season to get him fully blooded and ready as a starter for next season, but he’s just had a long layoff, a hard week and a lot of travel. Hardly surprising we didn’t really want to risk him today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lallana got injured, had to come off. Completely irrelevant. Shit happens (more often in his case, obvs)
Agree Sarmiento is a potential game-changer, and we should use the rest of this season to get him fully blooded and ready as a starter for next season, but he’s just had a long layoff, a hard week and a lot of travel. Hardly surprising we didn’t really want to risk him today.

Not irrelevant at all, he got the same injury, and as you correctly highlighted there is plenty of diagnostic information, plus access to scans…… it was poor and wasted a sub. Moder was rotten luck.

Re Sarmiento, I’m sure you’re right, but then don’t put him on the bench.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Unfortunately we will make him go backwards like we did with march who was very direct when first on the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not irrelevant at all, he got the same injury, and as you correctly highlighted there is plenty of diagnostic information, plus access to scans…… it was poor and wasted a sub. Moder was rotten luck.

Re Sarmiento, I’m sure you’re right, but then don’t put him on the bench.

Down to the bare bones……..didn’t have much choice. Was surprised Biss didn’t come on at that point but I guess GP wanted a more attacking option

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't worry that will soon be coached out of him like it has Lamptey and Trossard. It's called the cutback and pass back training regime

Someone behind me today said same thing! Sadly, think you might be right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
11 hour flight two days ago for a player who was recently out for 3 months with injury. Start him and there is a fair chance he is going off on a stretcher after 30 min or so. Would it be brave to start him? Yeah sort of in a "its very brave to jump out of an airplane without a parachute" sense of brave.

Quite.

And imagine the scenes on here if Potter were to start a load of young lads in the next game, and we end up with injuries and a hefty defeat. He'd be called clueless. :shrug:

Anyway, you aren't even allowed to have a view as you wasn't even there! :rolleyes::lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very low centre of gravity when he turns and drives forward, reminds me of lua lua.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't worry that will soon be coached out of him like it has Lamptey and Trossard. It's called the cutback and pass back training regime

Yes, only a shot every third minute today.. team is obviously coached into not shooting and not being direct. Should be at least two shots a minute.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That really would be classic EPL years Albion.

Playing some sort of end game, that never comes.
Like keep on lending Molumby out, until his value drops and we have to let him go half price? Maybe this is working well with Osti and Clarke too .....................

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes, only a shot every third minute today.. team is obviously coached into not shooting and not being direct. Should be at least two shots a minute.

Mostly shots that didn't trouble the keeper as most were off target. Lamptey now very rarely takes on his defender maybe this could be due to his injury but his rampaging runs seem to be a thing of the past as the cut back now seems favourite even when we have players in the middle.
We need players to run at the defenders which then pulls players out of position

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mostly shots that didn't trouble the keeper as most were off target. Lamptey now very rarely takes on his defender maybe this could be due to his injury but his rampaging runs seem to be a thing of the past as the cut back now seems favourite even when we have players in the middle.
We need players to run at the defenders which then pulls players out of position

I didnt say the shots were good... I'm saying that the talk about Brighton just passing it backwards or being shot shy is most of the time bollocks.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Moder is exciting, pacy, runs in behind the forwards, excellent motor, gets into good positions, thrilling talent and, unfortunately, looks as though we won't see him again in 2022. And you think it's appropriate to have a pop at him to prove a point based on a hunch?

I rather think you're being overly harsh on me there tbh... For one, I wasn't having a pop at Jacob, indeed I share your opinion that he's a talent just not (for me) the right substitution for today's game - You clearly see some attributes I don't, but that's life. The fact he got injured compounded that erroneous decision for me, and (yes) it's a huge concern as he's clearly a starter at the expense of someone like Gross.

I was having a pop at a certain poster who decides to alter the narrative of a thread to suit his narrow agenda, after all I was only trying to say that JS should have got the nod ahead of Jacob for the reasons made clear when he eventually took to the pitch.

Still, we got a 0-0 at home to the worst team in the league... yey!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rest of this season is ****ed. Use it to fully blood Sarmiento, Caicedo, Ferguson, Offiah and others

Sarmiento looks an absolute star in the making.

This post aged well didn’t it? :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here