Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The lad has to get himself fit. I hope to see that he gets plenty of time in pre season.

He has featured on the left, but I just wonder if we'll now see more of him in the MacAllister role

shroomsofteemo

Jun 26, 2023
But for his injury he would have been key to our run in, and Enciso would have had to wait. It will be interesting to see how things pan out given Enciso's rise in the past few months. I still think Sarmiento is the more all round footballer of the 2.
yeah Julio's form in the late season did a lot to the pecking order...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A fit and motivated Sarmiento could prove to be as vital as any new signing for us next season. Really hope he gets a good pre-season under his belt and can hit the ground running.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheese and pickle.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In terms of filling in for March and Mitoma on the wings, only Enciso was more impressive (after difficult initial performances). He’ll get plenty of opportunities on the flanks this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But for his injury he would have been key to our run in, and Enciso would have had to wait. It will be interesting to see how things pan out given Enciso's rise in the past few months. I still think Sarmiento is the more all round footballer of the 2.
Couldn't disagree more. But let's come back at the end of next season to see which of the two are the better player.
As to the OP's question, which is a good one, I think Sarmiento will play mostly on the right, to give Solly a rest. Would be surprised if he averaged much more than 20 mins per game across the PL season, but we shall see.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
With these new signings (so far)
? Bart Verbruggen (GK)
James Milner (?RB,?Mid?,anywhere?)
Mahmoud Dahoud (Mid)
Joao Pedro (Att)
Simon Adringa (Mid)
(obvs not technically a new signing)
and those guys coming back from injury
Jeremy Sarmiento (Mid)
Jacob Moder (Mid)
Adam Lallana (Mid)
Solly March (Mid)

That's 9 extra players to the squad that finished the season! OK, take out Mac Allister and almost certainly Caicedo, but still leaves us a lot of extras already to cover their losses and have more in the tank to supplement the existing squad. Would like to see some more defensive cover but once that's done, pretty much already 2 teams to attack the League and Europe. Roll on August. :ascarf:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He won't be first choice, but we need the extra players. Mitoma in particular was running on vapours towards the end of last season, and that was without the Europa League adding extra fixtures. Sarmiento is a bit of a bonus as he still counts as an U21 so not included in the 25 maximum squad size - likewise Enciso, Goodnight, Ferguson and Adingra.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Couldn't disagree more. But let's come back at the end of next season to see which of the two are the better player.
As to the OP's question, which is a good one, I think Sarmiento will play mostly on the right, to give Solly a rest. Would be surprised if he averaged much more than 20 mins per game across the PL season, but we shall see.
Either way, I look forward to finding out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Out of all of the "next big thing" we've had over the last few years he's been the one I thought would be the next one. Sadly he's either been really unlucky with injuries or he's just going to be one of those players that is always injured. I really hope it's the former because he is due a ton of good luck. If he gets it I truly believe he'll be the next one with a £80m price tag on his head.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Sick note so far, good in spells.
Others have accused him of that but are wrong. Yes he was out for a long time getting over his knee injury (Solly has done his twice, is he a sick note?). Breaking a bone in his foot while on international duty hardly counts as injury prone so lets knock this on the head now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He hasn’t been very good so far.
He will get a lot better though.
Long term project.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Others have accused him of that but are wrong. Yes he was out for a long time getting over his knee injury (Solly has done his twice, is he a sick note?). Breaking a bone in his foot while on international duty hardly counts as injury prone so lets knock this on the head now.

Last season he pulled his hamstring in December, missed 13 matches, came back for 6 matches and then pulled his hamstring again and missed a further 4 matches. That's almost half a season in total.

This season he injured his knee in August and missed 4 matches and then broke his metatarsal in April which ended his season. That's almost another half season in total.

That's 34 matches missed through injury in two seasons.

Even Adam Lallana has only missed 25 matches though injury in that period.

So yes, he is a bit of a sick note.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here