Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any loan can be recalled, if the clause is agreed/included in the original loan deal. I’ve no idea which loan players we have and haven’t got recall clauses for tho.
Yeh that’s what I meant / said…? They can only be recalled in January now too I think and it depends on the loan agreement as to whether the Jan option is there..

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So we don't know for sure about any recall clause. But it would make no sense to me if there wasn't one.

If you're loaning a senior player on high wages with a view to a sale, there usually isn't one or it isn't exercised.

But in this situation, where we are agreeing the loan to develop the player, there is no motivation for us whatsoever to accept any demand West Brom make to leave out a recall clause. There are no shortage of Championship clubs looking to take a player like Sarmiento on loan. When negotiating his loan, we held all the cards.

We didn't loan him there to get him off the wage bill or to get him in the shop window. It is totally predictable, that we would want the option open of him coning back in January

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I was under the impression that his loan was to give him more minutes than we could promise him here. As it turns out, we probably would have used him a lot more than expected, but hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Great if he can come back in January, but equally if there’s no clause he’s getting minutes and valuable experience where he is, not the end of the world for his long term development.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He was loaned to play every week he wouldn’t get that here and would hinder his development.
He’s playing every week but mainly off the bench. He’s only started twice in the League for them this season. He went for game time and he’s not really getting as much as he and probably the club wanted him to. He’s only played something like 21% of Championship minutes this season. Even allowing for him missing 5 games through injury that isn’t much at all.

If there is a recall option I wouldn’t be overly surprised to see if exercised, wether that would be to return to our squad or for the club to look at alternatives for a loan move would have to be seen.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
NSC would have every loan player back - especially if they’ve just scored a goal - regardless of where they might fit, how it might prevent other players from playing , whether personally they’d want to and with no heed to how it might impact their development . Which is why they were loaned in the first place.

Moran, Sarmiento, Undav, Leonard, Sima etc . Bring em home is the cry.
Always

PS - it was a cross

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
NSC would have every loan player back - especially if they’ve just scored a goal - regardless of where they might fit, how it might prevent other players from playing , whether personally they’d want to and with no heed to how it might impact their development . Which is why they were loaned in the first place.

Always

PS - it was a cross
Moran looks ready from what I’ve seen very good player and scores possibly next seasons break through player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Always

PS - it was a cross
That, at the very best, is a huge exaggeration!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Funny, I was just thinking about him yesterday.
Checked to see how he was getting on and was disappointed to see how few minutes he was getting.

That will be frustrating, and probably worth a discussion with West Brom.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Funny, I was just thinking about him yesterday.
Checked to see how he was getting on and was disappointed to see how few minutes he was getting.

That will be frustrating, and probably worth a discussion with West Brom.
He had a long term injury earlier in the season didn’t he?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Don’t think any of our loanees will be recalled……..season-loan deals unlikely to have recall clauses.

Recall clauses can only be included in season long loans. They aren't needed for half season loans because the loan ends automatically in January. It will very much depend on the player and where they have gone, but I'd imagine some players would have recall clauses to protect them from being at clubs where they simply aren't getting mins and its in our better interests to recall them and either have them back with the first team or U23s or find another loan for them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He wasn't fit at the back end of last season. Hard ask to throw someone with his record straight into a Championship team competing at the top end of the table.

They seem to be bringing him into the side in a very considered manner. Best for him, them and us.

Their game with Leicester is ony Sky on Saturday lunchtime so hopefully another start then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here