Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Championship is an absolutely brilliant league and a great apprenticeship for young players. Both he and Moran, as they're actually on loan, will benefit from a full season at big clubs down there. This was probably a discussion for the summer (IE should JS have gone on loan ahead of FB) but it's happened now.
They'll (JS and AM) both be better players for it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Assuming (its a big if) that Enciso is back in the next month or so - then no reason to recall Sarmiento - even if we could.
And i suspect that given Solly's injury - that like, in 2015 with Knockaert - then club will be looking for a more first team ready replacement in January (won't be easy to find one but they'll be looking) to fill that gap.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ha . To be fair . NSC would have you believe none of em should have been loaned in the first place !!
Really? I think many of us are quite excited to see where our youngsters are going out on loan. Of the ones you mention, yes there's been quite a lot of talk about needing Undav back, Sarmiento and Sima mentioned, but not so much, and Moran only in the last few days - and I have not seen a single mention of Leonard in terms of a January recall, not a single one.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Assuming (its a big if) that Enciso is back in the next month or so - then no reason to recall Sarmiento - even if we could.
And i suspect that given Solly's injury - that like, in 2015 with Knockaert - then club will be looking for a more first team ready replacement in January (won't be easy to find one but they'll be looking) to fill that gap.
Two points. First there is some sort of tournament in africa and in Asia to factor in.

Secondly what if the rate we get injuries.... About 1 per week or two... continues or even gets worse. Your analysis assumes the returnees come back without hitch and nobody else goes down over the busy festive period

Loaning out promising young players is great for their development, but ultimately the need to be able to field competitive sides is the priority. In this instance short term imperatives prevail. We may never make the europa league again

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ha . To be fair . NSC would have you believe none of em should have been loaned in the first place !!
That isn’t being fair at all. NSC isn’t a single entity giving a single opinion. There are varied opinions on loan players. Who should and shouldn’t be going on loan, should this player have gone to a Championship club rather than abroad etc.

You cannot seriously suggest the consensus on here is we shouldn’t be loaning out players when we’ve had plenty of people questioning why Evan Ferguson wasn’t being loaned out a year ago.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That isn’t being fair at all. NSC isn’t a single entity giving a single opinion. There are varied opinions on loan players. Who should and shouldn’t be going on loan, should this player have gone to a Championship club rather than abroad etc.

You cannot seriously suggest the consensus on here is we shouldn’t be loaning out players when we’ve had plenty of people questioning why Evan Ferguson wasn’t being loaned out a year ago.
Of course. Its slightly tongue in cheek. There's far more nuance and thought and insight on here re: any of our young players and how to develop them - that you rightly are pulling me up on.
Bit bored with the Undav discourse mind.

Scores goal
Bring him back
He doesn't want to - personal reasons that haven't changed, wouldn't have got game time anyway.
Scores another goal
Shouldn't have gone
etc etc
Rinse and Repeat.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
NSC would have every loan player back - especially if they’ve just scored a goal - regardless of where they might fit, how it might prevent other players from playing , whether personally they’d want to and with no heed to how it might impact their development . Which is why they were loaned in the first place.

Moran, Sarmiento, Undav, Leonard, Sima etc . Bring em home is the cry.
Always

PS - it was a cross
Smartest thing I think you’ve ever said Chailey, well done mate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why?

Jeremy Sarmiento is a winger, who would be a very useful option right now, in an area where we are very short of numbers, and are risking over-playing of Mitoma and Adingra.

Julio Enciso is absolutely NOT a winger - he's totally ineffectual when played out wide (especially on the right).

It will be fantastic to have Julio back -he's a fabulous talent - but (other than just number of available bodies) I don't see much connection between the two players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Exactly. And not so long ago there were people on here saying that Buonanotte needed a season out on loan. And before that, I remember some of us calling for Connolly to go out on loan long before he actually did - and I think we were right!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Recall clauses can only be included in season long loans. They aren't needed for half season loans because the loan ends automatically in January. It will very much depend on the player and where they have gone, but I'd imagine some players would have recall clauses to protect them from being at clubs where they simply aren't getting mins and its in our better interests to recall them and either have them back with the first team or U23s or find another loan for them.
I know. Can also be terminated if both clubs agree. Will be surprised if we recall any thar are getting lots of minutes and doing well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The club will have factored in fixture congestion, Europe, foreign nations tournaments into their planning with our loaned out players. The X Factor is when players like Gross and Dunk get called up for their country out of the blue, then having to ensure they get enough recovery time.

I think Sarmiento and Moran are both at the best place for them, now and for the rest of the season. The likelihood is Mitoma will be off in the summer, we don't know whether March's numbers will ever be as good as last season, so we'll need both players back with good experience ready for 2024/25.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Why?

Jeremy Sarmiento is a winger, who would be a very useful option right now, in an area where we are very short of numbers, and are risking over-playing of Mitoma and Adingra.

Julio Enciso is absolutely NOT a winger - he's totally ineffectual when played out wide (especially on the right).

It will be fantastic to have Julio back -he's a fabulous talent - but (other than just number of available bodies) I don't see much connection between the two players.
I thought Enciso played wide left when we destroyed Wolves… he certainly caused chaos from the left in that match, although I could be wrong… if so, I apologise 😂

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why?

they both play on the wing and as a number 10 - nothing more than that.
Still think best option is to bring a new player in, in January given Solly's long term absence.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I thought Enciso played wide left when we destroyed Wolves… he certainly caused chaos from the left in that match, although I could be wrong… if so, I apologise 😂
he was nominally #10 that day but RDZ interchanges the forwards etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know. Can also be terminated if both clubs agree. Will be surprised if we recall any thar are getting lots of minutes and doing well.
Yes - but can be costly. Didn't we have to pay to buy out Max Allister's loan early?

Trouble with this discussion is that none of us have any idea which, if any, of our loanees have recall clauses. If there are recall clauses, if it was for the purpose of reinforcing our injury and AFCON depleted squad, my first choice for a recall would be the versatile Alzate, followed by Sarmiento.
Of the others, I would recall Weir and Ayari and find better loans for them.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
he was nominally #10 that day but RDZ interchanges the forwards etc.
Of course, the old varying the photon torpedo wavelength to penetrate the shields trick.

Classic Star Trek, classic Roberto.

Well, It worked - just like it did against that rogue Klingon warbird in episode 72 of the next generation.

I love it.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Starts for WBA vs Leicester in the 1230 kick off today :thumbsup:

Supposed to on Sky but there is some glitch and they are currently showing Tinpot Reading from 2017 playoffs, they lose to Huddersfield I seem to remember.

Game now on

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure the ball has stuck to Sarmiento once so far. Leicester looking much the better team

Edit - pendulum has swung, WBA looking the more likely to score now

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here