[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Last season he pulled his hamstring in December, missed 13 matches, came back for 6 matches and then pulled his hamstring again and missed a further 4 matches. That's almost half a season in total.

This season he injured his knee in August and missed 4 matches and then broke his metatarsal in April which ended his season. That's almost another half season in total.

That's 34 matches missed through injury in two seasons.

Even Adam Lallana has only missed 25 matches though injury in that period.

So yes, he is a bit of a sick note.
Let's say he's been unlucky so far.

If he's unavailable for significant parts of this season, then i'll agree with your assessment.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think he's a rarity in the modern game- a genuine right-footed right-winger. I suspect that is where he will feature mostly moving forward.
The battle between the three young S Americans will be very interesting next year. Looks like Enciso's best position is just off a front man, to the left of the field, Buonaotte more of a genuine 10. All three can play anywhere in the advanced positions though.
We definitely have a hell of a lot of options from 8-11 when all fit.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think he's a rarity in the modern game- a genuine right-footed right-winger. I suspect that is where he will feature mostly moving forward.
The battle between the three young S Americans will be very interesting next year. Looks like Enciso's best position is just off a front man, to the left of the field, Buonaotte more of a genuine 10. All three can play anywhere in the advanced positions though.
We definitely have a hell of a lot of options from 8-11 when all fit.
Yes, and we might find that we have some incredible players not even making the squad Best of luck Roberto!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Super-sub for Colombia and nothing wrong with same for us. Play any minutes Mitoma doesn’t and keep pushing him. Season after will probably step into the starting role after a sale.

I don’t think any of the wingers are realistic signing interest given our current young depth.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Super-sub for Colombia and nothing wrong with same for us. Play any minutes Mitoma doesn’t and keep pushing him. Season after will probably step into the starting role after a sale.

I don’t think any of the wingers are realistic signing interest given our current young depth.
Why would you play Alzate on the left wing? Surely Adingra would be a better option or Sarmiento? Unless you have mixed up the players nationality.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
suffered a further injury setback.

along with tariq, seems like another one who can never string an consisten run of games together, or in sarmiento’s case, even a full 90 mins

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Get him back in January. Gives us cover on the left and we can rest Mitoma a little bit. Sarmiento proved last season he was good enough to contribute at first team level and we could really have used him right now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get him back in January. Gives us cover on the left and we can rest Mitoma a little bit. Sarmiento proved last season he was good enough to contribute at first team level and we could really have used him right now.
Not sure if we can… only some loans I think?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure if we can… only some loans I think?
Any loan can be recalled, if the clause is agreed/included in the original loan deal. I’ve no idea which loan players we have and haven’t got recall clauses for tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports