Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jeff Stelling Leaving Sky Sports

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hopefully bland Ben Shepherd is off radar as replacement. Probably because he's on everything else.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Reckon it will be Jim White replacing.

Also similar to top gear I wondered whether Jeff and boys have been snapped up as a package elsewhere for next season?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think whoever gets the gig, it would be a big mistake to try and just replace him and carry on with the same format.

The show developed over years to become the entertainment football show that it eventually turned into and the relationship between JS, the panel, and the viewers grew organically. It simply wouldn't have worked if they started out like that. Apparently the wholesale change of panel damaged that chemistry (haven't seen it in ages) and it hasn't been quite the same since

I think they would do well to go back to more of factual show and let it develop , change the whole presenting team.

It may be a bit like Top Gear that took 3 or 4 seasons post Clarkson to hit on the right mix of presenters.

The show has been the stuff of legend in the past providing some great comedic moments, (Chris Kamara stands out as being the provider for a lot) and as others have said was simply unmissable at one point

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Jeff Stelling is the best studio football anchor bar none and the only reason I watch Gillette Soccer Saturday, he's also been very complimentary about the Albion over the years and I can't see who is good enough to replace him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Julian Warren has stood in for Stelling multiple times, does an excellent job on Soccer Special in mid week with the same format and must be the favourite if they keep it in house.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll be sad to see him go. Saturday afternoons just won't be the same when I'm not at a match.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dion 'Stairs Leading Up To The Bedrooms' Dublin would seem like a good shout IMHO. Always comes across well. Tho possibly a bit too matey with the current crop of old lags for it to happen. Shame

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone with lower-league knowledge is essential. Clem could probably do a job, but I guess he's not diverse enough these days.

In other news, despite his disgusting past, I quite like Clinton Morrison. Comes across well, has a wry turn of phrase and IMO turns in some succinct analysis. He clearly enjoys what he's doing, I like his enthusiasm, whatever game he gets lumbered with.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Someone with lower-league knowledge is essential. Clem could probably do a job, but I guess he's not diverse enough these days.

In other news, despite his disgusting past, I quite like Clinton Morrison. Comes across well, has a wry turn of phrase and IMO turns in some succinct analysis. He clearly enjoys what he's doing, I like his enthusiasm, whatever game he gets lumbered with.

I particularly enjoyed Clintons "game over" comment yesterday when Liverpool scored their second :lolol:

Although to be fair to him, he did back track quite well second half and was quite complimentary about us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I particularly enjoyed Clintons "game over" comment yesterday when Liverpool scored their second :lolol:

Although to be fair to him, he did back track quite well second half and was quite complimentary about us.

In fairness I gave up on my wonky stream when that 2nd goal went in, I was thinking exactly the same.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

To be honest l can't think of anyone worse. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here