Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jeff Stelling Leaving Sky Sports

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Producing a watchable, enjoyable TV show that connects with the relevant audience is becoming far less important these days .... box ticking and quotas are the newish holy grail.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He's had an incredible run. Him reporting on Jimmy Glass' goal for Carlisle is the thing of legend. I do think he's become a bit Flanderised in recent years though, with the over the top "comedic" rants from time to time. I don't watch the show any more, but it used to be must-see TV on a saturday afternoon with the scores rolling in. Especially for the early rounds of the FA Cup.

Another institution of the game gone, I'll look forward to seeing who replaces him. I hope it's not someone already involved in the show, I'd like to see someone knew come along and take the helm.

D

Deleted member 2719

it's purely for simpletons lacking the imagination to do something positive tho

Your going to blow this relationship on the honeymoon at this rate.

What do think jeff will do? A game show host? A NSC moderator?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you must be able to see that it's not a proper news channel tho, it's just a collection of opinions from right wing nutjobs, it's not really for proper people

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He's 66, Mouldy. Probably wants to spend his Saturdays at Victoria Park.

I'll take [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]'s advice and wait till I've seen a bit of his successor before passing judgement :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

We're up to the quota with male, pale and stale. The next mod is going to be a 19 year old lesbian black dwarf who identifies as a Luton fan.

What's wrong with switching to the easy-on-the-eye Brighton fan on the other side?

D

Deleted member 2719

He's 66, Mouldy. Probably wants to spend his Saturdays at Victoria Park.

I'll take [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]'s advice and wait till I've seen a bit of his successor before passing judgement :thumbsup:

I hadn't realised he was mid 60s, he still so much better than lineker, perhaps he could take over from Gary, so he can do more twitter:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hadn't realised he was mid 60s, he still so much better than lineker, perhaps he could take over from Gary, so he can do more twitter:lolol:

I'd love it to see Jeff do MOTD.

"That's enough from Old Trafford. We now switch to Victoria Park, where ...." :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 2719

We're up to the quota with male, pale and stale. The next mod is going to be a 19 year old lesbian black dwarf who identifies as a Luton fan.

What's wrong with switching to the easy-on-the-eye Brighton fan on the other side?

I have not hired staff in the past 5 years, can people now hire luton fans, without prejudice then???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absofeckinglutely.

If you get past Clinton's accent and ego, he's an excellent and thoughtful pundit, quite gentle and good humoured, and an authentic 'voice' of wherever it is he's from :shrug:

If you want tedious, 'old school' judgement-free morons, I give you Jermain 'JJ' 'it's a man's game' Jenas and, to be very honest, Steve Macmanamanaman. A pair of plums not for the picking :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here